450F CRF450R lowering seat height 1-1.25"

I'm looking into lowering seat height approx 1-1.25", lots of options out there. Sub Frame mod, link, shave seat, adjust sag some,???? any thoughts or has anyone done any of these:ride:

I would set the sag first to make sure it is set right. Than add about 20mm to that. If it still feels tall (after you have raised the forks in the triples) then I would add the lowering link and put the sag back to 90 - 100mm. Shaving the seat is just going to give you a harder seat and a quick way to get a Red Stripe on your arse (cool if you are looking to get that expert stripe).

Other options:
Add extra soils to the bottom of your boots or leave it alone, touching the ground is over rated...:smirk:

I'm looking into lowering seat height approx 1-1.25", lots of options out there. Sub Frame mod, link, shave seat, adjust sag some,???? any thoughts or has anyone done any of these:ride:
I am short (5'8" and 29" inseam) like you too Brent. I thought about it at first also, but got used to the extra height and decided not to go that direction. Mind you I suck as a rider, but still in most instances I like the extra height. The only time it is an issue is when you are in technical rocky, shitty terrain and want to touch or dab, and can't, that it becomes a problem (just ask Rack). Give it some time before you go down this road and spend the money on this.:prof:

I am short (5'8" and 29" inseam) like you too Brent. I thought about it at first also, but got used to the extra height and decided not to go that direction. Mind you I suck as a rider, but still in most instances I like the extra height. The only time it is an issue is when you are in technical rocky, shitty terrain and want to touch or dab, and can't, that it becomes a problem (just ask Rack). Give it some time before you go down this road and spend the money on this.:prof:

Bruce Thanks that's most likely what I will do. Like CDA said will have to check SAG first and work from there:thumb: