2 Stroke cr85 motor help!

If it is the big wheel version it is extra desireable. My take on a small wheel 80 is that one that year is likely to need everything. One tipoff to the current owner is his comment about a worn ring letting oil buy. The man knows zip about two stroke engines (likely he is fair about that and knows zero about 4strokes too). That tells you he hasnt been into it.

I bought two small yz's in the past two years, both complete and together. locked up. an 85cc and a year older 80. i paid 200 for the 85. less for the 80. new cranks and cylinders in the 105cc range and you are done for under 1000 with fresh everything including clutches. Buy baskets and pay basket prices instead of crapshoot medium priced 'deals'. those all seem to need everything mentioned within 6 months anyway.

I'm actually not sure if it's the big wheel or not! I gonna go check it out on the long weekend! I personally think that it's Prolly just too rich cuz he says it runs fine when he pits a new plug in, or maybe even reeds! He says there's oil at the bottom of the crank where the rod is that's getting up past ring and I know that little puddle of fuel oil.mixture is supposed to be there!

If it is the big wheel version it is extra desireable. My take on a small wheel 80 is that one that year is likely to need everything. One tipoff to the current owner is his comment about a worn ring letting oil buy. The man knows zip about two stroke engines (likely he is fair about that and knows zero about 4strokes too). That tells you he hasnt been into it.

I bought two small yz's in the past two years, both complete and together. locked up. an 85cc and a year older 80. i paid 200 for the 85. less for the 80. new cranks and cylinders in the 105cc range and you are done for under 1000 with fresh everything including clutches. Buy baskets and pay basket prices instead of crapshoot medium priced 'deals'. those all seem to need everything mentioned within 6 months anyway.

Further proof he is clueless as to how the engine works. That little puddle of oil has about an entire 2 square inch
area to get to the combustion chamber if he added a dozen rings.

If I can buy bikes in the 2000 range up and sell them for 2000 up, you can also. Offer 500 and no more for a bike that has issues numb nuts can't figure out. Then, go through the whole thing and let the kid blast it.