CR250r or CRF250r

I'm looking at getting another bike to compliment my CR125. :ride:

As some of yall know, I crashed my street bike then traded that for a 2006 TRX400EX. Now I am fixing to trade that quad (we already have 2, and that is two too many :smirk: ) for another bike.

Here is my lineup right now, the guys that are interested.

2002 CR250r - pretty much stock, black wheels (I'm a sucker for that), 20 hours on top end
http://greensboro.craigslist.org/mcy/4205133285.html

2003 CR250r- this guy wants to trade me so good and hard... Looks all stock except exhaust, rebuilt last year and hardly ridden, it looks very clean.
http://winstonsalem.craigslist.org/mcy/4169992035.html

2005 CRF250r- Big bore, HotCams cam, stroker crank (?), 14hrs on rebuild, new wheel bearings, etc
http://swva.craigslist.org/mcy/4158103124.html

Lastly...why cant I get away from Honda? :lol:
Now, about my question. Which bike do yall think is the best deal for me? I will be shipping out in December, so there wont be any riding until about 6 months from then, maybe more. I would like to keep riding after all my training. I will most likely end up selling one of my bikes, most likely my CR125. It's better to put my money into a bike, because I will spend any cash I have laying around. :lol: I am enjoying my 2 stroke, but it would also be nice to have a 4 stroke again. I have never really ridden a 250r, so I'm unsure if the power will be too much. All bikes are 2 hours away, both the smokers are in about the same area, while the CRF is the opposite direction. Thanks for your opinion!

if the CRF was rebuilt with SS valves it won't be as bad.
The Powervalves on the CR250's was problematic and led to the impression that the bike had no balls.

I've read that about the RC valved CR's. Although maybe that ball-lessness would be good for me. :smirk:

I had a guy bring a 2002 CR250r over today to trade but he couldnt get it to start. :picard:

Why are you wanting a second bike? So it can sit there and do nothing for 6 months along with the 125? I'd just sell the quad and save the money.

Why are you wanting a second bike? So it can sit there and do nothing for 6 months along with the 125? I'd just sell the quad and save the money.

Tell me again what the name of this site is and why we are here....

I haven't had much interest in the ATV on craigslist, I doubt it will sell.

I think the CR's are great bikes.... They have no balls, but they are great bikes.

CRF250's never eat valves,......
........................................Said no one everrrrr

You like that? :wink:

I cant really find any reviews on 03 RM125s though. What's the sitrep on that bike? How's it handle?

They are good bikes... The 03 has a stupid power valve design, and if you ain't on the pipe alot they seem to load up. And you have to clean the power valve. ..

The power valve has a drain tube, but its put in the cylinder is the wrong spot (In my opinion)... It don't start draining until there is a good amount.. By the time you reach that amount the powervalve is just caked lol.... My buddys 03 is like that...Alaways cleaning the power valve.... No matter what jets/mix/oil... Always seems to pool that oil up in there, and you have to clean it... If you are in a bind, you can lay the bike over and it will drain out.

But its a good running bike, Always starts very easy. Parts are out there too.

if the CRF was rebuilt with SS valves it won't be as bad.
The Powervalve on the CR250's was problematic and led to the impression that the bike had no balls.

My friend just bought one a couple months ago (Already sold it) But i really liked the bike. It did have a PV issue that made it have absolutely no top end, but it was great in the woods and kept me from pooping my pants. If it had enough grunt after the PV was fixed i would buy one, it was pretty light and nimble