Cost to make MX bike trail ready

Since I am a very average basic guy I was thinking very conservatively... A pricing list for a conversion for a 2 stroke MX bike This is all based off of RM ATV MC prices and Steahly site and an '06 YZ250

Sprockets
Steel- Primary drive $30 per set
AL- Renthal rear PD front - $64

FWW
Steahly-$110

Turbinecore2 Q SA/silencer-$143

Pipe guard- $??

bark busters-$30-$110

Skid plate-$83

Optional:

Suspension work-$$???

18" rear rim-?

Did I miss anything?

The only required part is the sparky for riding on public land. I know a couple of guys who ride trail that way. Now if money is no object then go for it all.

James

Staff member
The only required part is the sparky for riding on public land. I know a couple of guys who ride trail that way. Now if money is no object then go for it all.
I'm with Cleo here, start with the stuff that is legally required and then go from there. I'd probably at least get bark busters though. :thumb:

How I'd do it:

1. Legally required stuff
  2. Guards
  3. Other parts
  4. Suspension work - only if you're going to start MX or it's REALLY off and you have the money (If you are going to start MX I'd put this at the top of the list)

my thoughts exactly, Silencer/SA and bark busters right away, the FWW, or pipe guard, not sure on that one, then skid plate, then suspension work, but with out the FWW you definitely need lower gearing because of the close ratio tranny so instead of 13/49 like 12/50, that keeps the chain at about the same length