Corner Technique

ok so how bout sum actual tips for flat corners..like braking, when to use and how also gear to be in. and when to shift..just a really detailed procedure would really help. thanks

yea but hes not specifying how to brake, only back, or both when do i use front etc...nvrmind i guess this is one of those things where only seat time and trying different things will help

yea but hes not specifying how to brake, only back, or both when do i use front etc...nvrmind i guess this is one of those things where only seat time and trying different things will help

I use the rear brake when cornering, at least until I throw my leg forward if it is a right turn, as my foot is no longer on the peg. Sometimes I use the rear brake while I'm on the gas, it helps control power to the ground while keeping the engine revving high, the downside here is you go thru rear pads rapidly this way. It really depends on the situation, whether I use front or rear brakes, also on flat corners I try to stay a gear high, it makes it easier to control the power and use the rear wheel to steer thru the corner with wheel spin. I think you have it right though, just get your seat time in and try to get some of these techniques down.

By
ok so how bout sum actual tips for flat corners..like braking, when to use and how also gear to be in. and when to shift..just a really detailed procedure would really help. thanks

By flat corners, do you just mean no berm, or an actual parking lot type flat surface?

Noice!!!
When cornering on flats I have found it advantageous to work the brakes and throttle simultaneously with the clutch while shifting my wieght(butt) to the high side of the seat while using my topside knee to push against the radiator shroud. This helps push the tire into the ground and create more bite.

oh and thick ass sand...

ok so i think i got a better idea, pull in clutch, back brake hard slide then pin it..i dont get how those videos say stand up before corner, i tried that flew off haha guess i was leaning too forward, ill have to try it sumwhere i have more room to practice..my house sux :lame:

Your susp clickers and sag will have a lot to do with the confidence you have while practicing these techniques. Make sure the bikes attitude is properly adjusted. :thumb: