Coolant

We put timed shutdown mechanisms on large trucks starting in the 70's. our first ones were those heat lamp timers. That and a three position toggle switch so you didn't have to count on the driver to sit with them.

Evans works fine for minus 30-40. I am a believer. I have not used the 100 dollar stuff yet, I pay close to half that for the HD variety. A clean radiator and a good cap and hoses go a long way towards keeping the boilovers under control. Maybe if I lived where I didnt have a chance of freezing I would run straight distilled and dump every few weeks though.

Not a lot of those places in the US unless you are in southern Florida or Hawaii. I'm in Southern California and a winter weekend in the desert can easily get down into the teens on the colder nights.

On the flip side I have started a ride full with rad of 50/50 and ended the day with nearly pure National Forest stream water. Nothing like slow going first and second gear nasty trails along with a lot of clutch slipping to make it up the worst spots. I put the fan on after that.

No, but the fan was a freebie out of an old retired server. In the same power class as a "real" bike radiator fan. Certainly not as water resistant, but I have several. Then again I don't see all that much water. Unless I head north a bit and try a ride with Rack. Then my bike might go over a waterfall. https://www.dirtbikeaddicts.com/content/threads/007-the-extraction-06-05-2010.388/

A cap would have helped, but not stopped the boil overs on that ride. I knew I was going to be in trouble when I had a little spitting going on the steep 6+ mile and 4000 foot downhill precursor to the hard part. Just basically idling down the mountain, but going real slow with not enough air flow.