Coolant

evans is supposed to be the best, but Ive used engine ice for years. With it and a turkey baster overflow there have been no more boiling and loss of fluid issues. If you live in an area where it gets hard freezes then you may want to use car type anti freeze.

There is an article about this in MXA. Motorcycle coolant vs automobile coolant. It explains why auto coolant really isn't a good choice for motorcycles. It tends to be abraisive to the aluminium radiators and water pump impeller and seals. Yes they do make an automobile coolant designed for aluminium systems but, I am not sure which one. If I can find the article I might be able to post it.

Essentially all cars/trucks have aluminum radiators these days and it's been that way for many years. That's why most if not all automotive coolant is aluminum compatible.

Evans has no water at all and boils at 375F, but be prepared for sticker shock. I was going to try some, but then I installed a fan and I've never had a boil over since.

Essentially all cars/trucks have aluminum radiators these days and it's been that way for many years. That's why most if not all automotive coolant is aluminum compatible.

Evans has no water at all and boils at 375F, but be prepared for sticker shock. I was going to try some, but then I installed a fan and I've never had a boil over since.
The last thing I remember taking a copper radiator out of was a 65 Dodge D900 :busted:

Evans works fine for minus 30-40. I am a believer. I have not used the 100 dollar stuff yet, I pay close to half that for the HD variety. A clean radiator and a good cap and hoses go a long way towards keeping the boilovers under control. Maybe if I lived where I didnt have a chance of freezing I would run straight distilled and dump every few weeks though.

Engine ice here, but I don't let my 2T idle so maybe I should just run it dry. Use it in my 4T also, it will idle but I shut it off after 30-45 seconds if waiting for the group.