Completely beginner to dirt bikes, only rode once. What bike should I get to learn on?

Title pretty much sums it up but, I'm a complete noob to dirt bikes and I've always wanted to get into riding, I've rode once and got going and rode around a little bit with no issues, pretty quick learner typically. But I'm looking for options of a good first bike for me to get comfortable on.

I'm 6 foot 2 and weigh around 175lbs

I've been trying to find information about a first bike but its mostly people asking for a younger kid.

I would just be riding around an open field to get the hang of it and then I do have a thing for extreme sports so maybe venture into wheelies and jumps and stuff but for now just learning and trail riding.

What would be a good first bike for my size and learning as basically a complete beginner who's basically never rode before?

Looking forward to the info, thanks guys!

Ok, you live in florida, so you don't have anything that I would call a hill. You like "extreme" and are probably good at working or going to school all scraped up allready. You could start with something like one of the larger xr's like a 400 and learn a lot on something that is reliable. If you can find a clean 250cc 2 stroke, I think that would be better yet. the honda cr's and yamaha yz 250 modify easily as offroader trail bikes and the later versions (99 on) have good enough suspensions and easy upgrades to do all the "flying" you want. Suzuki had an excellent RMX line, but those are all older rigs now and may be pretty worn. Any KTM from around 99 forward that is two stroke could easily be made to work too. Yamaha wr250 two strokes prior to 2000 and though they are rare they are worth a look. Fast and reliable.

The 6 speed 125's are also great, but if there is much sand in your future, I would lean towards the 250 two stroke.

If i was buying new this year I would see yamaha about their new offroad rigs, or KTM. Got 9k it would be a good way to go.