250 Clutch slipping/not engaging after new basket

Hoping that I've overlooked something really dumb here.

'99 KX 250. Clutch was working decent but stock basket was notched so I grabbed a new Barnett basket. Got it put together and the clutch pull feels normal. Problems are I can not get any free play (no movement of clutch lever at all) and when in gear it's as if it's in neutral. No power to the rear.

Of course same old story, I'm hoping to ride tomorrow but it's kind of hard if the bike won"t move. Any help is greatly appreciated

Have you tried to adjust it? Most cable actuated clutches have two adjustments. One at the lever which is for small changes only and another usually down by the engine. Try making some changes there.

That's the plan for the morning. Wondering if the Rekluse may be sticking and not engaging? Figure I'd let the oil soak back into the disks and see what it does tomorrow.

Nope. Said screw it and blew the dust off the pavement pounder. Went up past Shaver for a few hours to escape the heat. I'll get back to the KX in a day or so.

Just to update. Got it fixed and it took all of 10 minutes. Apparently the new Barnett Basket has slightly different tolerances than the OE basket. When I pulled the clutch cover I could see there was too much gap between the clutch discs and the pressure plate. Removed a shim, threw it back together, and all is good. Hopefully head up the hill next Friday.

I thought you had to have a clutch over ride to use a clutch lever on a rekluse clutch. Most guys I know remove the lever. If you have a rekluse try taking the clutch cable off and see if it works.

I've got the EXP drop in and it allows you to disengage the clutch with the lever. Works really well. I can still get the front end up with the clutch no problem.