Christmas dinner menu

I thought I would start a thread to see what everybody is making for Xmas eve dinner/Xmas day dinner.

Having family and friends around for the next couple of days and have to make a couple of dinners as well as keep my svelte figure in check.:smirk:

Tonight is prime rib with a dijon/sugar/horseradish crust, side of asparagus with bacon and almond slivers, homemade stuffing (Paula Deen recipe) that has sausage and rice in it:shocked:, gravy, mashed spuds with garlic and butter, and custom dinner rolls. Dessert includes cheesecake and fresh baked apple pie ala mode.:banana::banana:

Tomorrow is chorizo, eggs and bagels for breakfast. Appetizer of stuffed jalapenos followed by dinner. Dinner is roasted Pekin duck with a sweet and sour glaze and a small ham. Side of some flavorful rice and a salad with more of those dinner rolls.:banana::banana:

Anybody else care to share their menu?:ride::ride:

Paula Deen stuffing recipe linky:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/good-old-country-stuffing-recipe/index.html

I thought I would start a thread to see what everybody is making for Xmas eve dinner/Xmas day dinner.

Having family and friends around for the next couple of days and have to make a couple of dinners as well as keep my svelte figure in check.:smirk:

Tonight is prime rib with a dijon/sugar/horseradish crust, side of asparagus with bacon and almond slivers, homemade stuffing (Paula Deen recipe) that has sausage and rice in it:shocked:, gravy, mashed spuds with garlic and butter, and custom dinner rolls. Dessert includes cheesecake and fresh baked apple pie ala mode.:banana::banana:

Tomorrow is chorizo, eggs and bagels for breakfast. Appetizer of stuffed jalapenos followed by dinner. Dinner is roasted Pekin duck with a sweet and sour glaze and a small ham. Side of some flavorful rice and a salad with more of those dinner rolls.:banana::banana:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/good-old-country-stuffing-recipe/index.html

Geek...PM me or make a "side post' on how to do the prime rib. I wanted to do one tomorrow but my wife was being her usual self and concerned I'd be too busy worrying about it and not enjoying the days festivities.

As for tomorrow "SHE'S" cooing a ham, g'bean cassarole, mashed taters..........nothing crazy! If you like g'bean cassarole you've got to try my new recipe. I think I posted it once already but here it is agfain. Rather than baking it, it's all done on the stove.
Bacon - browned but not crunchy (chop into 1/2 inch pieces, set aside)
Mushrooms - 1 container, sliced thin cook in bacon grease. remove some grease of too much
Add fresh or canned green beans
Sliced red onion (whites a little too much) NOTE: optional - onion rings are also added
Add chopped bacon back into pan
Add 1/3 can french fried onion rings, stir
Add parmession cheese just to help thicken it up.
Salt (not too much) and pepper
Once warmed thru turn off the heat, sprinkle more cheese on top and rest of the fried onion rings and cover.
And enjoy..........:banana:

option:
Add thick cream or mushroom soup to make it like the casserole version but it'l be creamier since it's not baked!

I don't even know what's on the menu for tonight. It's a good thing though, because neither my wife or I is doing the cooking. We are headed over to my stepson's house for the Christmas Eve celebration. Now Christmas will be at my place with eleven people. It's going to be ham, turkey, scalloped potatoes, mac and cheese casserole, and I don't even know how many other side dishes.

Looking forward to some good times with family.

I hope to get some riding time in before it's back to work in January.

We are having a rib roast (Paula Seen) style. Green beans, rice and beans (Puerto Rica style), and of course rolls. That's for Christmas dinner. Tonight is spaghetti and meatballs with Italian sausages. Tomorrow morning we have ham breakfast quiche with chorizo on the side. Looks like I better put another hole in the belt! :smirk:

Where is the bad roost button when you need it?
:wave:
Hey, it's a step up from road kill possum. :lol:
I had that lastnight for dinner.

Ok sorry WG didn't mean to rain on your thread. I am not cooking this year. Heading out to Lancaster in a few to have dinner with family there and have no idea what is in store. Tomorrow it is another families house and again no idea. Hope you all enjoy your holiday dinners and the company that comes with it.

Sirloin Tip roast
and something else... :thinking:
roast-sirloin-tip-2.png