Other Christini Stepped it up!

They are now making their own bikes.....:shocked:

The 300 looks like it uses 04-07 KTM airbox and rear fender..... and a gasgas 300 engine, coupled with a steel frame... looks decent.... $8995
SPECIFICATIONS:

• Steel Frame
  • 300 cc Liquid Cooled Gas Gas Engine
  • 5 Speed Wide Ratio Transmission
  • Kick Start
  • Hydraulic Clutch
  • Twin Cooling Fans
  • Suspension: 12" Front & Rear
  • PDS Rear Shock
  • Ground Clearance: 15"
  • 21" Front Tire
  • 18" Rear Tire
  • 2.8 Gallon Tank
  • Seat Height 39"
  • AWD Drive Ratio 0.64:1
  • AWD Engagement Switch
  • 1 Year AWD Warranty

awd300-angle-l.jpg

The 450 looks like a Chinese Honda imitation(look at plastics and frame), kinda sketch... $6895
SPECIFICATIONS:

• Twin Spare Aluminum Frame
  • 450 cc Liquid Cooled Four Stroke
  • 5 Speed Wide Ratio Transmission
  • Electric and Kick Start
  • Suspension: 12" Front & Rear
  • Link Suspension
  • Ground Clearance: 14"
  • 21" Front Tire
  • 18" Rear Tire
  • 2.6 Gallon Tank
  • Seat Height 37.5"
  • AWD Drive Ratio 0.64:1
  • AWD Engagement Switch
  • 1 Year AWD Warranty

awd450-angle-l.jpg

http://www.christini.com/

For sure Gas Gas engine and frame. Actually the whole thing looks like a Gas Gas with modified plastics that front number plate looks Honda to me.

I have no idea how they transfer power to the front wheel! It is not evident from photos. Sounds like a nightmare for maintenance and parts!

I have no idea how they transfer power to the front wheel! It is not evident from photos. Sounds like a nightmare for maintenance and parts!

If you look at the photos you will see a cover that goes up from the countershaft. That contains a chain drive. A short shaft goes to near the centerline of the frame and there are a set of bevel gears and a shaft that goes to the head tube. At the head tube is the most complicated section of the whole arrangement. There is a setup that is almost conceptually like a car differential that gets the power out to the fork legs. Then each fork leg as a bevel gear setup and one shaft goes down parallel to each fork leg. Finally there is another gear arrangement that gets to torque to the front hub.

I've actually met a rider on a trail who had one of these front wheel drive contraptions. He said that he liked it, but it sure looked like a maintenance nightmare to me.

Yeah, and don't the KTM's 200's and 300's have 6 speed? I don't care though if I had the Squish I would be all over one of the two stroke models. Those things would rip where I ride. :banana:

Ok I was almost asleep sobthis might be dumb but would locking up the rear brake cause the front to lock up also? Cause that would suck!