Choose one....

Convince me! Lol would be good if you guys could give some reasons too:wink:

The CR250 has a ton of aftermarket mods and has all the mods to be a trail slayer, depending on how tight the trail are that you ride the RMZ would be a lot easier to boil over, and it still needs more armor (radiator braces, skid plate, rotor guards)

Oh and the cr250 was last rebuilt 5 years ago and he said he rode it quite a bit. The Rmz has around 20 hours on it. I looked at the Rmz already and it is very clean and also comes with a helmet and a pair of boots which fit me and was worn once.

Between the two:
CR simple to rebuild and plenty of power, not a fire road queen, loves to rev up and down, does not like consistent throttle for long periods at a time, easy convert to track (flickable).
RMZ more expensive when it comes to a rebuild and plenty of power, will love fire roads or trails, can rev up and down, loves to be pulled up through the gears, can handle a track fine if you are able.
Both bikes are (appear to be) in good/great condition. Really, the choice is yours.

I can't decide ahhhhhhhh lol. I want the 4 stroke but afraid of the repair costs. How long will it last me before needing a rebuild if I take care of it?

James

Staff member
I can't decide ahhhhhhhh lol. I want the 4 stroke but afraid of the repair costs. How long will it last me before needing a rebuild if I take care of it?
IMO if you're mostly going to be using it on open road I'd get the RMZ. For one you aren't going to be abusing it and it's a 450, those last awhile. Just make sure you keep up with the air filter and oil changes.

IMO if you're mostly going to be using it on open road I'd get the RMZ. For one you aren't going to be abusing it and it's a 450, those last awhile. Just make sure you keep up with the air filter and oil changes.
I agree with this. The bigger 4 stroke will be a better machine for what you are describing as your riding terrain.

Actually there is also a tighter trail here which goes through a rainforest which is about 11-15 miles long. It more tight terrain and would be at a slower speed. I've rode it with my ATV and maybe the fastest I went would be 20mph at certain times but a lot of it was just crawling. Do you think the Rmz would handle that or would it overheat? I know the Cr250 is built to ride this type of trail because its what the owner says he rides.

I know it's not to hot over there, just humid. So I would say.... Either bike is fit for duty, you just need to figure out if you like the twang of a 2T or the grunt of a 4. Honestly, you would be fine with either bike for sure. I had been all over the big island, in and out of the forest, along the old RR road etc. If you can wrench on a bike, the 2T will be easy as it will not need intermediate adjustments. Again buddy, the choice is yours. If you have the $$ get both and sell the one you don't like in a year or two. :smirk: :ride: :thinking:

lol thanks I wish I could buy both! The Rmz had gummed up crap in the carb from old gass sitting for a year.... do you think that could have gotten into the engine and would that be a big problem?