Cheap Tricks

Baby Powder! Inflate the tube while it is out of the wheel and rub baby powder all over it. When you put it back in the tire it will keep it from sticking to the tire and help with no pinches. Also I use to double tube, which is taking a thin stocker tube and cutting it down the inside and baby powder it and wrap it around the heavy duty tube. This helps with punctures and pinches.
But wouldn't inflating it before putting it in make it harder to put in?

:thumb: Back in the day, my bikes would get double tubed before it saw life outside the garage..
Haha, for the longest time my dad didn't realize there "different types" of tubes so he always bought the cheap ones. Then one day he discovered that the more expensive heavy duty ones don't pinch as easily. I swear we were replacing tubes every month or so for the longest time ever.

Haha, for the longest time my dad didn't realize there "different types" of tubes so he always bought the cheap ones. Then one day he discovered that the more expensive heavy duty ones don't pinch as easily. I swear we were replacing tubes every month or so for the longest time ever.
Back in '89 (Damn I'm old) when they went to the 19" rear rim, I was getting flats all the time. I started double tubing and never got a flat again..:thumb: