Chappie-Shasta OHV To Be Soley Controlled By the Bureau of Land Management

The U.S. House passed H.R. 689 on July 13, 2010, under unanimous consent. The same bill passed the Senate on May 7, 2010. Now, the bill is expected to be signed into law by the President. The bill would put the Chappie-Shasta Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) Area in Northern California solely under the control of the federal Bureau of Land Management (BLM). If signed into law, this bill would reduce unnecessary bureaucracy for OHV enthusiasts looking to use the lands responsibly.

The Chappie-Shasta OHV Area near Redding in Northern California currently is under the control of both the BLM and the U.S. Forest Service, which creates a dual bureaucracy for users of the land.

"For years, many of my constituents have raised their concerns over difficulties in dealing with two federal agencies to use one OHV area," Rep. Wally Herger (R-CA) said in a speech on the House floor. "Issues such as duplicative permits-at substantial and unnecessary cost to the users-and even different opening dates for the same area have resulted in frustration from the thousands of users, from across California and elsewhere, who try to cope with this redundant management."

To read Senator Dianne Feinstein and Herger's joint statement from July 13, 2010, click here.

http://www.capwiz.com/amacycle/issues/alert/?alertid=15240991

This is awesome! Forest Circus is really causing problems up there, however the locals do seem to make headway with the BLM. :banana:
However the BLM is commiting crimes in regards to Clear Creek else where. :thinking:

ummmmm..............

If there were 2 agencies controlling the same land, then some of the users encountered frustration. But that also meant there was no way to alter how the land was used. When this passes the blm will have full control with nothing to slow them down.

I'm betting this is considered a victory by some non-bike groups, Feinstein seems happy enough.

heh. fire fox seems to think "Feinstein should be spelled "Frankenstein"

Dean just for clarification hard to tell from your post if this is how you understood the situation in regards to "management". The OHV area was "split in two" a FS managed area and BLM managed area. BLM was actively working with the user groups maintaining and even building trails (I know hard to believe :thinking:). FS well they were/are the usual dead weight. There was no overlap as far as I know.

I've no idea of the particulars in that area, all I know is that the more tangled up the government is in it's own regulations, the less damage/change they can make (usually).

Perhaps I'm a bit jaded? :lol: