chain and sprockets

You ca
What are the longest lasting combos that you guys use on your big bikes?(50hp range) I ride in a lot of rain and water too.

This is your original post. You want the longest lasting sprockets... So when a guy reply's to this post tells you about a product that has lasted through 4 not 1 but 4 CR500's. Purchased in 2002 and still going strong.. Are you going to take him seriously? I can guarantee MY CR500 has more than 50hp.! Everyone of them did.! Go ahead keep waisting money on Renthal's or anything esle. Look into SideWinders, Just make sure you really get the size sprockets you want. My CR500's would do better with a 48 tooth. So I will go to SideWinder and order another set of TI 2 sprockets.. This spring with ditterent gearing.

James

Staff member
You ca

This is your original post. You want the longest lasting sprockets... So when a guy reply's to this post tells you about a product that has lasted through 4 not 1 but 4 CR500's. Purchased in 2002 and still going strong.. Are you going to take him seriously? I can guarantee MY CR500 has more than 50hp.! Everyone of them did.! Go ahead keep waisting money on Renthal's or anything esle. Look into SideWinders, Just make sure you really get the size sprockets you want. My CR500's would do better with a 48 tooth. So I will go to SideWinder and order another set of TI 2 sprockets.. This spring with ditterent gearing.
Maybe he doesn't have the money for one of those. Not to mention I've never even heard of them (which doesn't mean it's bad).

You ca

I was doing a bit of research on CR500's HP the other day...all of the years (that i looked at) had 52hp stock...

Sorry for the hi-jack.

Obviously you have never rode a CR500. Cuz if you did you would know that those numbers are not true. Plus 1985 CR500 was the year they had the most power stock. After that they tamed the bike down to favor the AMA and Race teams. To try and keep the 500cc class alive. You are a perfect candidate to look into my post and watch the video's that I had help with posting.. 500cc's of glory and the YZF/CR500 FI bike. Not just those video's any video of a CR and KX500cc two-stroke.. Find a CR500 then you will know.

I bought the sun star combo. I NEVER even considered the side winder snake oil.Snow flake pointed out the self cleaning aspect of the sunstar which might help longevity. Honestly I tuned you out after your first post.

I bought the sun star combo. I NEVER even considered the side winder snake oil.Snow flake pointed out the self cleaning aspect of the sunstar which might help longevity. Honestly I tuned you out after your first post.
I am glad you like the Sunstar's. At least you didn't buy Renthal's... I am sorry to try and help you I won't again.. The facts are if you want the best you will pay for it. SideWinder's are the strongest.!! So now that you have your sunstar's, go to SideWinder's web page and do a little research. :bonk:

I am glad you like the Sunstar's. At least you didn't buy Renthal's... I am sorry to try and help you I won't again.. The facts are if you want the best you will pay for it. SideWinder's are the strongest.!! So now that you have your sunstar's, go to SideWinder's web page and do a little research. :bonk:
I'm glad you have decided not to help me again. Thank you. :prof:

I like Renthals.