CDA's "Race Stand" Resume

So true...I'm not a racer however had had my share of "get offs"...
1) Going across soggy dl and turning "at speed" trying to see how fast I could turn before the rear end broke loose...don't know the speed..5th gear throttle was more than cracked :shocked: when I leaned it over too far and the peg hit...I wound up spinning around like a top! Thank goodness for BATES leathers...modern day riding panst would have melted!
2) Airborn coming out of a sand wash in 3rd...lets just say it wasn't pretty
3) coming down out of RS canyon at speed leaned over to hit a berm and over shot it sending me into the "marbles"....I was doing ok until I hit another berm on the far side or a rut when I high sided.........I tumbled for ever...

Never got hurt from any of these however, I did while rolling slowly over some rocks when I hit one too slow causing me to stop...I tried to lean over and "dab" but my boot slipped on another rock, my leg went under my bike, I fell hitting my shoulder directly on another rock. I hurd a crunch thinking my arm busted but nothing broke. Had a gnarly bruise right in the middle of my arm between my shoulder and elbow that hurt for months....I know, I know :cry: :cry: :cry:

A bruise? :smirk: Some one, quick, call the Waaaambulance. :lol:

James

Staff member
I also need to apologize to you. You showed up in our camp at Spangler last T-Day morning and went out for a ride with TWS. You had the most immaculate bike! It was so clean that I thought it was a "all show and no go" type of situation. I guess you really can't judge a book by it's cover :lol: Sorry for the assumption.
Sorry but I hate when people do that. Just look at me and my bike, I try to keep it as clean and shiny as possible, but I do consider myself a novice rider. Why :noidea: I just like to keep everything clean. Plus my bike has a lot of aftermarket stuff on it, most of which came with the bike when I bought it used. So does that make me "all show and no go"?

:lol: The guy before me "lost" a ton on that bike.

sry end :rant: guess I just like shiny things:smirk:
:thumb: Couldn't have done this without support of a great family. Dad ran the pits and mom knew everybody and were they were. Also a great club and circle of friends. I cannot take all the credit.
:thumb: Friends and family can make the difference in this sport, even though it is a "solo" sport.
A bruise? :smirk: Some one, quick, call the Waaaambulance. :lol:

:lol: Have no fear Rez, I'm with you on this.:P

a lot of people judge when they are at the track... even the people i have met that seem like pretty cool people... they are sociable, give me advice and dont talk shit cause im slow... but i have even heard those guys talk shit about someone who has all matching gear, their bike looks like a factory riders bike, they got their name on the back of the jersey and numbers but they are not that good and dont clear all the jumps.

I can kinda understand cause you look like a poser or something but i dont judge cause you never know the circumstances... turned out the guy they were talking shit about it was his first day back from a injury. I guess they dont talk shit about me even tho im slow and cant clear everything because my bike is all scratched i wear mix matched gear(cheapest stuff i can find) and i have a desert tank on my bike. Or maybe they do just not too me :lol:

James

Staff member
I can kinda understand cause you look like a poser or something but i dont judge cause you never know the circumstances..
:thumb:
but i have even heard those guys talk shit about someone who has all matching gear, their bike looks like a factory riders bike, they got their name on the back of the jersey and numbers but they are not that good and dont clear all the jumps.
So, according to them, if I can afford a pants/jersey/glove combo that matches, I'm automatically a poser? (If I couldn't ride for crap) My dad taught me to always buy a quality product even if it means spending more. So in my opinion a good quality gear combo, like the Strike series from Shift, is better for the money. They just happen to look nice to.:P It's not their top line either, the middle out of 5.

Let me also use an example not really MX related; cordless impact drills. First I went and bought a cheaper Black & Decker for $80, had problems with it right away. Then I "bit the bullet" and bought a $300 Makita, 3 years later she's still running like the day I got it.:banana:
So, am I a poser for buying a better/higher end product?

:lol: And just for the record, I'm not "loaded" by any means, I just try to save up and buy quality so it lasts me longer.
Or maybe they do just not too me :lol:
:lol: Exactly, they talked about the other guy in front of you, so what makes you think that they don't talk about you in front of him?

:prof: FYI none of the above was personally directed at anyone. :moon::smirk:

A couple of observations here. I have ridden and camped with him. NEVER did I feel any pressure to do anything I didn't wanna do. He was always there though to help when things got kinda gnarly for me.:thumb: Nothing going on here, but he is one of the most modest and nice guys I've met not to mention a phenomenal rider. :hail::hail:(Nothing like Mr. RACK or Timoyz.):moon::wave:

Second observation: He has one of the cleanest, well kept and most beautiful bikes I've ever seen. Helps when you don't fall much though. :P Unlike me.:cry:

Now that I've built you up Dave,:finger::goofy::2chicksdoinit::smirk:

No bullshit here either.

:thumb:

So, according to them, if I can afford a pants/jersey/glove combo that matches, I'm automatically a poser? (If I couldn't ride for crap) My dad taught me to always buy a quality product even if it means spending more. So in my opinion a good quality gear combo, like the Strike series from Shift, is better for the money. They just happen to look nice to.:P It's not their top line either, the middle out of 5.

Let me also use an example not really MX related; cordless impact drills. First I went and bought a cheaper Black & Decker for $80, had problems with it right away. Then I "bit the bullet" and bought a $300 Makita, 3 years later she's still running like the day I got it.:banana:
So, am I a poser for buying a better/higher end product?

:lol: And just for the record, I'm not "loaded" by any means, I just try to save up and buy quality so it lasts me longer.

:lol: Exactly, they talked about the other guy in front of you, so what makes you think that they don't talk about you in front of him?

:prof: FYI none of the above was personally directed at anyone. :moon::smirk:

I totally understand the point you are making.

I dont think that they were bagging on just the gear he had... it was the fact that he had numbers his name and all kinds of sponsors stickers on his bike that dont come stock yet he wasnt even hiting any of the decent size jumps that even my noob self does hit. Regardless Personally i didnt say anything i just let them have that conversation.

Thanks James however...no fear here....or should I say, enough fear to steer me clear (sorry for rhyming) from crashing "hard" AND resulting in something ending up in a cast!. :cripple:......or worse! :eek:

A couple of observations here. I have ridden and camped with him. NEVER did I feel any pressure to do anything I didn't wanna do. He was always there though to help when things got kinda gnarly for me.:thumb: Nothing going on here, but he is one of the most modest and nice guys I've met not to mention a phenomenal rider. :hail::hail:(Nothing like Mr. RACK or Timoyz.):moon::wave:

Second observation: He has one of the cleanest, well kept and most beautiful bikes I've ever seen. Helps when you don't fall much though. :P Unlike me.:cry:

Now that I've built you up Dave,:finger::goofy::2chicksdoinit::smirk:

No bullshit here either.
:hug::wiggle: Wow WG are you hitting on me? I already gave you my number...:smirk: I might have to buy a bigger size lid now with all this talk my old one won't fit. You need to stop, because there is going to be some disappointed DBAers out there when I do not live up to the hype...

Sorry but I hate when people do that. Just look at me and my bike, I try to keep it as clean and shiny as possible, but I do consider myself a novice rider. Why :noidea: I just like to keep everything clean. Plus my bike has a lot of aftermarket stuff on it, most of which came with the bike when I bought it used. So does that make me "all show and no go"?
:lol: The guy before me "lost" a ton on that bike.

sry end :rant: guess I just like shiny things:smirk:

:thumb: Friends and family can make the difference in this sport, even though it is a "solo" sport.

I know, I know :bonk: I hate when that happens too, but sometimes I find myself guilty of judging based on appearances. I guess that I'm just a superficial POS. :cry:
But, James, I want you to know that I would never think that about you. :hug::busted:

:hug::wiggle: Wow WG are you hitting on me? I already gave you my number...:smirk: I might have to buy a bigger size lid now with all this talk my old one won't fit. You need to stop, because there is going to be some disappointed DBAers out there when I do not live up to the hype...

Well I guess my secret is out.:smirk::smirk: Funny thing I forgot to mention is that your stand is even cleaner than the bike. I could eat off that thing.:P:lol: