CDA's "Race Stand" Resume

It's simple, just twist that throttle and stay off the brakes. It helps if all the fear neurons in your brain are burned out from over stimulation.
+1, except you do want to apply a little rear break in the long whoop sections to squat the rear end a little..:smirk:

OK, for some reason, there are a few of you here that keep calling me out on my riding abilities or past abilities...So I am calling "Uncle" and will concur and post it up.

Here is my "Race Stand" Resume:

This is a Span that covers 1985 - 1997 with a slight break and then off and on the last couple years.

D37 Desert - 250, Open & Senior Expert
D37 Enduro - 250 & Open AA
D37 "Best in the West" - 250 & Open Expert
D37 Big 6 GP - Senior Open Expert
BITD (Best in the Desert) - 250 & Open Pro
Baja 500 & 1000 (1991) - Class 21
AMA National Hare & Hound Series - 250 Pro
Desert Viper's Adelanto GP - 125, 250, Open, Senior, Quad Expert & Pro
Friday Night MX (LACR) - 250 Int.

So there you have it. So who wants to pull up a chair in the Dez with me and watch the sun sparkle off my bike while it sits on the "Stand"? :thumb:

I will, I can sit and watch my bike sit on the stand for HOURS..................:lol: :moon: BTW...it won't be sparkling if that matters! :prof:

Yeah the quad thing was a added bonus and just being bored. It was fun smoking a full blown banshee to the first turn at Glen Helen while I had the 6 pack Ice chest strapped on the back bar...:smirk:

Ahhh but was it full???????? :smirk:

+1, except you do want to apply a little rear break in the long whoop sections to squat the rear end a little..:smirk:

Thanks for the tip. I can't wait to give it a try. :thumb:

I also need to apologize to you. You showed up in our camp at Spangler last T-Day morning and went out for a ride with TWS. You had the most immaculate bike! It was so clean that I thought it was a "all show and no go" type of situation. I guess you really can't judge a book by it's cover :lol: Sorry for the assumption.
You must be so fast that the dirt doesn't have a chance to stick to your bike. :banana:

I will, I can sit and watch my bike sit on the stand for HOURS..................:lol: :moon: BTW...it won't be sparkling if that matters! :prof:
:thumb: Sparkle is not an option, but I do have some cool pray wax that could get a sparkle out of it.

Ahhh but was it full???????? :smirk:
:smirk: Funny Story behind that (I have a few campfire stories). Yes it was full. It had water bottles full of jungle juice and I was in a competition with another friend. We picked a spot on the back side of the track and we had others there. We had to stop each lap and pound one full bottle of the "Juice" and then take off again. We got in about 5 laps so I was feeling pretty good after. "Claimer" - If any youngsters are ready this, please do not think this is cool or go out and try it"

Thanks for the tip. I can't wait to give it a try. :thumb:

I also need to apologize to you. You showed up in our camp at Spangler last T-Day morning and went out for a ride with TWS. You had the most immaculate bike! It was so clean that I thought it was a "all show and no go" type of situation. I guess you really can't judge a book by it's cover :lol: Sorry for the assumption.
You must be so fast that the dirt doesn't have a chance to stick to your bike. :banana:
No apology necessary! I get those looks a lot. They think I'm a want a be motocrosser with all flash and afraid to get dirty. As far as fast, I have some good spray on wax that keeps the dust off...:smirk: just like the buffing amoral on the goggle lenses.

+1, except you do want to apply a little rear break in the long whoop sections to squat the rear [/B]end a little..:smirk:

Those whoop sections are still giving me a tough time. I'm not really sure how this is supposed to help.:confused:

thesunsetpooper.jpg

[/B]
Those whoop sections are still giving me a tough time. I'm not really sure how this is supposed to help.:confused:

thesunsetpooper.jpg
Obviously proper suspension setup is key along with setting your sag. But you also need some confidence. Applying a little rear break sags the rear end enough to keep it in-line and stops it from wanting to skip out to the side. If you are in the shorter sections, just hammer through them.:thumb:

OK, for some reason, there are a few of you here that keep calling me out on my riding abilities or past abilities...So I am calling "Uncle" and will concur and post it up.

Here is my "Race Stand" Resume:

This is a Span that covers 1985 - 1997 with a slight break and then off and on the last couple years.

D37 Desert - 250, Open & Senior Expert
D37 Enduro - 250 & Open AA
D37 "Best in the West" - 250 & Open Expert
D37 Big 6 GP - Senior Open Expert
BITD (Best in the Desert) - 250 & Open Pro
Baja 500 & 1000 (1991) - Class 21
AMA National Hare & Hound Series - 250 Pro
Desert Viper's Adelanto GP - 125, 250, Open, Senior, Quad Expert & Pro
Friday Night MX (LACR) - 250 Int.

So there you have it. So who wants to pull up a chair in the Dez with me and watch the sun sparkle off my bike while it sits on the "Stand"? :thumb:

That is impressive and it will never be me:hail::thumb:

I am impressed! Seriously! :hail: One thing I've learned that desert riding means some wicked hard crashes at speed that I'm sure you'd had your share of! Awesome! You ought to put on a clinic for the boys here on setting up a bike to do what you did...all done of course from the comfort of a chair and a laser pointer to point out the components of discussion...:smirk:

That is impressive and it will never be me:hail::thumb:
:thumb: Couldn't have done this without support of a great family. Dad ran the pits and mom knew everybody and were they were. Also a great club and circle of friends. I cannot take all the credit.

I am impressed! Seriously! :hail: One thing I've learned that desert riding means some wicked hard crashes at speed that I'm sure you'd had your share of! Awesome! You ought to put on a clinic for the boys here on setting up a bike to do what you did...all done of course from the comfort of a chair and a laser pointer to point out the components of discussion...:smirk:
:thinking: I think you're on to something. Power Point displayed on the side of the trailer and a nice comfy chair and cold drinks....:smirk: And yes I have had my share of high speed get offs. But I will say the faster crashes were less painful then the slow ones.

:thinking: I think you're on to something. Power Point displayed on the side of the trailer and a nice comfy chair and cold drinks....:smirk: And yes I have had my share of high speed get offs. But I will say the faster crashes were less painful then the slow ones.

So true...I'm not a racer however had had my share of "get offs"...
1) Going across soggy dl and turning "at speed" trying to see how fast I could turn before the rear end broke loose...don't know the speed..5th gear throttle was more than cracked :shocked: when I leaned it over too far and the peg hit...I wound up spinning around like a top! Thank goodness for BATES leathers...modern day riding panst would have melted!
2) Airborn coming out of a sand wash in 3rd...lets just say it wasn't pretty
3) coming down out of RS canyon at speed leaned over to hit a berm and over shot it sending me into the "marbles"....I was doing ok until I hit another berm on the far side or a rut when I high sided.........I tumbled for ever...

Never got hurt from any of these however, I did while rolling slowly over some rocks when I hit one too slow causing me to stop...I tried to lean over and "dab" but my boot slipped on another rock, my leg went under my bike, I fell hitting my shoulder directly on another rock. I hurd a crunch thinking my arm busted but nothing broke. Had a gnarly bruise right in the middle of my arm between my shoulder and elbow that hurt for months....I know, I know :cry: :cry: :cry: