Pro Catalina Gran Prix!!!!

ummmmm.... they are going to race dirtbikes on Catalina Island? Where the general public is not allowed to use internal combustion engines on the road? :confused:

ummmmm.... they are going to race dirtbikes on Catalina Island? Where the general public is not allowed to use internal combustion engines on the road? :confused:

DBA'rs aren't considered "general public"...haven't you heard? :prof: 60 plus years since the last race...maybe they've made changes :smirk: :smirk: :smirk: but wait, that's still "California!!! :shocked:

He's older than he says he his...shit he's older than me...So PBK, what were ya ridin a Harley, BSA, Triumph, Indian??? Sweet...Wish I could've been there but I was just born! :cry:

Having seen the old pics...can you imagine racing let alone riding on a ridged frame? :shocked: THAT's hard core but that's how they rolled ... just ask PBK! :smirk:

he was jsut really confused... pay no mind to PBK.

Could someone have mistaken the Catalyuna (spelling) Grand Prix for Catalina? It's a roadrace for bikes or cars...can't remember! Saw it listed recently

I called the number and as expected it was an answering machine and I did not leave a message. It did say it was the 'Catalina Grand Prix' hotline.

This is an excellent opportunity for original content for this forum. If anyone is interested, such as James, they could follow up with the hotline number and post more details.

They have a facebook page. I cannot get to facebook from my work computer, but do a search on "The Catalina Grand Prix" and their page will come up. It is suppose to have more info on it. I will check it out tonight and see what they have up there.

I called the number and as expected it was an answering machine and I did not leave a message. It did say it was the 'Catalina Grand Prix' hotline.

This is an excellent opportunity for original content for this forum. If anyone is interested, such as James, they could follow up with the hotline number and post more details.

THAT is why you make the big bucks :thumb:

Here is the facebook page, they have a few pictures of the course http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Catalina-Grand-Prix/120322891337602 And the phone number is for sponser and vendor info only, they will not give out any info about the race.
Anyone can be a vendor or sponsor, including a budding / new dirtbike forum, at least it is plausible enough to get some preliminary information.

If I had to bet, this event will not happen, especially once certain groups find out about it and complain.

Anyone can be a vendor or sponsor, including a budding / new dirtbike forum, at least it is plausible enough to get some preliminary information.

If I had to bet, this event will not happen, especially once certain groups find out about it and complain.

anyone from the island would be stupid to not allow it to happen... have you ever been to catalina in december ? its dead as fuck. this is gonna pump in a shitload of people to that island who will all go to any one of the many bars there and spend spend spend.

Right but it takes $$$ to be a sponser, they arent going to spill the beans because you call and say you have a website with a few hundred members. Did you look at the Facebook page? They are building the track already, I doubt they would go through all that trouble if it wasnt going to happen.

anyone from the island would be stupid to not allow it to happen... have you ever been to catalina in december ? its dead as fuck. this is gonna pump in a shitload of people to that island who will all go to any one of the many bars there and spend spend spend.

Yep they are broke thats why they are allowing this to happen and depending on how it all goes it may become a annual event.

Right but it takes $$$ to be a sponsor, they aren't going to spill the beans because you call and say you have a website with a few hundred members.

Depends entirely on the event coordinator/person collecting the sponsorships. I answer those types of questions daily on another topic. I can't expect people to send $ without telling them some type of information.