250F Carburetor trouble

Hey guys, just sold my 400ex and my yz250 and bought a 2008 KX250f, I'm having a few problems with it though, for some reason if you rock the throttle back far enough the carburetor will stick in the full throttle position... And also the twist throttle will not spring back at all anymore. Thanks in advance for the help!

James

Staff member
Hey guys, just sold my 400ex and my yz250 and bought a 2008 KX250f, I'm having a few problems with it though, for some reason if you rock the throttle back far enough the carburetor will stick in the full throttle position... And also the twist throttle will not spring back at all anymore. Thanks in advance for the help!

I've had the same problem with my 08 kx250f, if I remember though it was primarily a cable routing issue. As long as your cable insides are clean and oiled, I'd start messing with the routing and cable length adjuster. I'd also take the throttle tube assembly apart and clean it.

Also if it does stick, while riding, remember that it has a return cable (2 cables), so simply rotate the throttle back towards idle. :thumb:

Thanks for the reply! When I rock the throttle all the way back it will "lock" in the full throttle position, there's some sort of locking arm on the side of the carb where the cables connect, and I have to go in there and release it... I've never messed with a carburetor like this.

James

Staff member
Thanks for the reply! When I rock the throttle all the way back it will "lock" in the full throttle position, there's some sort of locking arm on the side of the carb where the cables connect, and I have to go in there and release it... I've never messed with a carburetor like this.

Hmmm never heard of that before, could you post a picture of this "locking arm"?

All the way bottom right of the picture,the spring and the black plastic piece, when I twist the throttle all the way back, or if I do it by Turning the wheel or the carb it still does it, I have to move the plastic piece and it will release it. I took it to the dealer and asked a mechanic what was wrong, but just wasted my time and gas...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373748767.637600.jpg

SRAD97750

Staff member
Never heard of such a thing!! :noidea: If you want to dismantle it, remove the circlip from the top of that mechanism. Sounds super dangerous as-is. Let us know what you find!-BIG DAN:thumb:

Ok, I fixed the problem where the throttle wouldn't spring back, the cables were too tight.

But the carb slide still locks at full throttle.

Here's a picture of it locked, the locking arm is at the tip of the screwdriver.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373810233.076323.jpg

And here's a picture of it unlocked
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373810294.380745.jpg