Cannondale dirt bikes?

Hey guys one of the guys we met on the trail was riding a Cannondale. The only thing he said he didn't like was it ran really warm and trail riding he had to put fans on it. You guys ever road one? Know anything about them? I had never seen or heard of one until this weekend. One thing I really liked was it said MADE IN USA right on the side. SWEEEEET!

yeah there was a guy selling an ATK 605 here in the area, it needs a muffler, and i have NO idea where to get them or how much they cost lol

looked alot like this, minus the muffler, and the turn signals... idk why the turn signals were gone lol
atk1.jpg

The one I seen was yellow and white with Cannondale on it and it said Fuel Injected and I think it said it was a 450. It looked nothing like that one.

Interesting bikes, if I remember correctly, one of the first dirtbikes with fuel injection. Lots of quality control issues.
I think ATK took over or bought the designs or something. Lots of people don't know about ATK, an American company (in Utah, I think) building sweet dirtbikes. But being a small company, very little aftermarket, and replacement parts are expensive.

http://www.atkusa.com/atk/(S(0xrguhqjnaadjmjnezihwxiv))/default.aspx

1) HEY...the bikes didn't have quality control problems they had design/mfg issues resulting in poor quality...CDA, how's that? :prof:
2) Canondale had an awsoem bike and also quads (may still do???). Their bikes were pretty strong however their design was one of the foirst "inverted" heads (backwards) possibly leading to overheating issues. I think you're right T-rav about ATK taking over payments...not too sure about it though! :ride:

The Cannondale was a good design, but when you don't have the right engineers and the money to get quality parts your going to fail, the rumor was they dumped almost all of the project funding into the FI, they did a lot of testing on them here in PA at High Point raceway

Ask Meaty,

Kind of like Vladimir Lenin Communism argument, great on paper
and appears to be advanced in its time, then proven to be a steaming
turd of biblical proportions.

Run Forest Run:smirk:

cannondales came equipped with top of the line parts. the issue was some of the engineering design. some company came out with an aftermarket fix that wasnt too expensive. but the cannondale motorsports went under due to poor distribution, hi end parts that cost too much and a bad rap almost immediately. it was a good idea, just not good business sense.
btw i rode one once. very strong torquey motor but alot of engine braking. it felt top heavy too.

they had awesome idea but they just didnt have the money and such to get kinks hammered out. ATK did indeed buy the rights to the design and have been inproving them ever since. so if you like them check out the new and very very improved version at ATKUSA.com

they had awesome idea but they just didnt have the money and such to get kinks hammered out. ATK did indeed buy the rights to the design and have been inproving them ever since. so if you like them check out the new and very very improved version at ATKUSA.com

That's right I forgot all about them coming out with the Intimidator....Isn't it a 700cc or ???