Can it be done

So dudes, my dad's birthday is coming up, and he's still got that old IT400, I've been wanting to restore it for him (it runs and is rideable now, but its kinda worn out lol) it needs tires, brake shoes, a top end, I may be able to polish out the fuel tank, the headlight needs to be fixed, the side pannels and rear fender are sun rotted, I need to find gold/black fork boots for it, if at all possible, I would like to find an oem front fender for it.. I found a piston and rings set, but I'm having no luck finding a gasket kit. It needs a new rear shock, and the motor taken out of the frame and everything cleaned and painted.
garage.php

he will be gone for one weekend at the end of the month, when I would try to get all this done and have it ready for his birthday on Monday, I would have to do all this right under his nose in his shop......

Ok, so I've got my parts list all together, and today's payday. :thumb:
I've decided not to rebuild the engine, one of the rarer things that I do have is an original owners manual, it passes a compression test.
I am going to take it out and clean the piss out of it then paint it with black engine enamel. :thumb:
I don't think I'm going to get this done by my Dad's birthday, but I did find a cool keep sake for him, the March 1978 edition of the magazine "Hot Bike" has you guessed it, a 78 IT400 on the front cover, I'm going to buy that and have him think thats his birthday present when in reality :devil:

Ok, so I've got my parts list all together, and today's payday. :thumb:
I've decided not to rebuild the engine, one of the rarer things that I do have is an original owners manual, it passes a compression test.
I am going to take it out and clean the piss out of it then paint it with black engine enamel. :thumb:
I don't think I'm going to get this done by my Dad's birthday, but I did find a cool keep sake for him, the March 1978 edition of the magazine "Hot Bike" has you guessed it, a 78 IT400 on the front cover, I'm going to buy that and have him think thats his birthday present when in reality :devil:

Cool! :thumb: