Camp Fire Stories

I got one for you:
When I was a kid I was dating this girl that lived with her grandmother in a trailer park. The next door neighbor had a poodle that would always bark when I got there through the window in the side of their double wide. Anyway, one day we were siting in the front room enjoying each other and I herd that dam dog barking only it seemed closer. Well, the gardener was there and the dog was out. The yard was real nicely manicured and it wasn't even that big, so I don't even know why they had a gardener. Anyway, the gardener was just doing some trimming and all of a sudden we look, the gardener looks, and the dog started licking the top of the gas can, I'm thinking to myself, and then say to my girl friend, this is not going to be good for that dog if he keeps licking the gas can. So, that dam dog licked the top of the can for like a minute while we watched and then all of a sudden started running around and barking, jumping and just going crazy. After about five minutes the dog just jumped and then killed over. The gardener was like, WTF? And my girl friend and I ran out there and looked at the dog just laying on its side completely lifeless. The gardener didn't know what to do. We checked on the dog and it seemed to be still breathing. The gardener said what happened, is the dog ok? I looked at the gardener and said, I think he just ran out of gas....

I got one for you:
When I was a kid I was dating this girl that lived with her grandmother in a trailer park. The next door neighbor had a poodle that would always bark when I got there through the window in the side of their double wide. Anyway, one day we were siting in the front room enjoying each other and I herd that dam dog barking only it seemed closer. Well, the gardener was there and the dog was out. The yard was real nicely manicured and it wasn't even that big, so I don't even know why they had a gardener. Anyway, the gardener was just doing some trimming and all of a sudden we look, the gardener looks, and the dog started licking the top of the gas can, I'm thinking to myself, and then say to my girl friend, this is not going to be good for that dog if he keeps licking the gas can. So, that dam dog licked the top of the can for like a minute while we watched and then all of a sudden started running around and barking, jumping and just going crazy. After about five minutes the dog just jumped and then killed over. The gardener was like, WTF? And my girl friend and I ran out there and looked at the dog just laying on its side completely lifeless. The gardener didn't know what to do. We checked on the dog and it seemed to be still breathing. The gardener said what happened, is the dog ok? I looked at the gardener and said, I think he just ran out of gas....

Wrong thread ASS... that belongs in the "that's an old one" joke thread... :rolleyes:

Coincidence :noidea: darn near a year and its time to :bump: this thread.

Looking forward to October and sharing some stories form this summers dual sport ride as well as some of my track time :smirk:

I don't recall ever teling this one so here goes.... I'm sure some of you have experienced something to this.

Now this happened waaaaay back shortly after getting married (mid 80's) we're on our way to the dez the truck is packed with gear, bikes are loaded onto the trailer and off we go but first we stop for gas... we fuel up, get some snacks and a drink and off we go, we pull up to the first light about 1/2 mile down the street when a guy pulls up on the left and asks "did you USED to have 2 bikes on your trailer?"... (WTF.... as I focus is on the words USED to.....) yeah, why??? he says, well, you dropped one off back at the station when you pulled out, it was in the middle of the road so I moved it into the median.. my response to that was "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUDGE" which was NOT what I actually said. THANKS, I appreciate that, spun around on the green and went to retrieve it. When I pull up I see 1 end of a tie down still attached to the handle bars and 1 still on the trailer..... I dig out some rope from the truck, load it back up and tie it down so it'll never fall off ever EVER again... tied both bikes together so if one goes they both go... :shocked: . did a cursory (sp?) check of the remaining tie downs, they look good and NOW off we go again..... slight damage to 1 grip is all that happened. Ever since then I've always been leary of using a trailer no matter how new the tie downs are...

True story! :thumb:

I don't recall ever teling this one so here goes.... I'm sure some of you have experienced something to this.

Now this happened waaaaay back shortly after getting married (mid 80's) we're on our way to the dez the truck is packed with gear, bikes are loaded onto the trailer and off we go but first we stop for gas... we fuel up, get some snacks and a drink and off we go, we pull up to the first light about 1/2 mile down the street when a guy pulls up on the left and asks "did you USED to have 2 bikes on your trailer?"... (WTF.... as I focus is on the words USED to.....) yeah, why??? he says, well, you dropped one off back at the station when you pulled out, it was in the middle of the road so I moved it into the median.. my response to that was "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUDGE" which was NOT what I actually said. THANKS, I appreciate that, spun around on the green and went to retrieve it. When I pull up I see 1 end of a tie down still attached to the handle bars and 1 still on the trailer..... I dig out some rope from the truck, load it back up and tie it down so it'll never fall off ever EVER again... tied both bikes together so if one goes they both go... :shocked: . did a cursory (sp?) check of the remaining tie downs, they look good and NOW off we go again..... slight damage to 1 grip is all that happened. Ever since then I've always been leary of using a trailer no matter how new the tie downs are...

True story! :thumb:

:shocked: I have a similar story, but way shorter and not as sever.

Here's a campfire story that my kids always enjoyed and it's true. :prof: It goes like this:
So back in the day, me and my buddy, Lefty Smelzenberger, decided to go out for a late night hike. We hiked for a few miles and got well out into the country and it got real dark. Soon enough, Lefty and I knew we were lost and needed to find a place to stay for the night. Lefty spotted lights in the distance so we headed there. Sure enough it was an old farmstead. Finally, and with some trepidation, we knocked on the door. The farmer answered the door - we explained our predicament and the farmer let us in. The farmer, Old Man Johnson, told us that he had one spare room upstairs and one spare room on the main floor. Lefty said he would sleep on the main floor. We were both very thankful and said our goodnights to Old Man Johnson. I climbed the stairs, and by the time I crawled into bed I noticed that my stomach was growling real bad. Anyway, later that night, in the wee hours, I had to take a dump really, really bad - problem was, I didn't know where the bathroom was. Being the smart fella I am, I figured I would take a dump in my pillow case and then I threw it down the laundry shoot. What relief! Anyhow, the next morning I awoke, went downstairs and woke Lefty up. I asked him how his sleep was. He said, "not bad but, in the middle of the night a ghost