calling all mechanics!!

Any gear oil really, i used lucas 80w but that's just what i grabbed
not all transmissions call for an 80 weight, although most do.
My car called for 10w30 motor oil

Check the manual on fluid recommendation.
The other thing you might check is reservior for the clutch fluid, it should be mounted on the firewall and uses brake fluid.

haha yeah yeah I know... It's just I remember readintg about how manuel transmissions put power down more efficiently and that is because of loss of power through fluid so I just assumed it would have no oil. Then I thought it would get wayyy to hot without oil but i guess I just don't understand :facepalm:

haha yeah yeah I know... It's just I remember readintg about how manuel transmissions put power down more efficiently and that is because of loss of power through fluid so I just assumed it would have no oil. Then I thought it would get wayyy to hot without oil but i guess I just don't understand :facepalm:
At least you're not getting mad at me :shocked:

just think of your dirt bike, you fill the crank case right? this is the oil your transmission uses. (on the bike)

At least you're not getting mad at me :shocked:

just think of your dirt bike, you fill the crank case right? this is the oil your transmission uses. (on the bike)
:thumb:good point haha then how does manuel get better mpg and more horspower/tourque to the ground?

:thumb:good point haha then how does manuel get better mpg and more horspower/tourque to the ground?
thats question I'm not entirely suited to answer.
My very basic understanding is that the mechanisms that allow a automatic to shift based off rpm's require more power to drive than a manual. That and a torque convertor does a lot of "slipping" which is bad for mpg
but again, I'm no expert and thats simply as I understand it.

thats question I'm not entirely suited to answer.
My very basic understanding is that the mechanisms that allow a automatic to shift based off rpm's require more power to drive than a manual.
but again, I'm no expert and thats simply as I understand it.
:idea: that makes more sense than nothing!

yeah, change your gear oil in your trans, use the recommended spec weight and amount, and it should go away, your trans could also be leaking if who ever did the clutch damaged the input seal when they were reassembling and that would be why this problem appeared recently.

syncros usually dont suddenly go bad, im thinking your trans is leaking, if it is and your fluid gets low your syncros stop functioning properly and you cant get it in gear unless you speed shift