California Making ad revenue off license plates might be coming...

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local-beat/California-License-Plates-May-Go-Digital-96758099.html
California drivers may soon come bumper to bumper with the latest product of the digital age: ad-blaring license plates.

State lawmakers are considering a bill allowing the state to begin researching the use of electronic license plates for vehicles.

The device would mimic a standard license plate when the vehicle is moving but would switch to digital messages when it is stopped for more than four seconds in traffic or at a red light.

In emergencies, the plates could be used to broadcast Amber Alerts or traffic information.

Source: California License Plates May Go Digital | NBC San Diego

i dont even want to think about how much more all vehicle registrations would cost if this went through.

James

Staff member
Are you friggen kidding me.

How will the cops run the plate on a parked car if its "turned off"? :thinking:

Oh and when can I expect my cut of the ad revenue that the state's making off of MY car?

:smirk:
Are you friggen kidding me.

How will the cops run the plate on a parked car if its "turned off"? :thinking:

Oh and when can I expect my cut of the ad revenue that the state's making off of MY car?

1 when you move here
2 when you get a license and are old enough to drive

:lol: :P:P:lol::smirk:

imagine what the hackers will do to this thing.... red light camera... no problem ill jsut hack it to show a different plate number... toll booths? same shit.

This is such a bad idea all together.

Ohh and jsut cause you dont live in California does not mean should disregard this all together... California is and has been the testing ground for MANY new laws... usually if California accepts it other states start to adopt it as well.

James

Staff member
Ohh and jsut cause you dont live in California does not mean should disregard this all together... California is and has been the testing ground for MANY new laws... usually if California accepts it other states start to adopt it as well.

Yep, that's why I've gotten more involved in CA politics lately.

1 when you move here

Will never happen :thumbsdown: Cali laws/politics suck to much.

2 when you get a license and are old enough to drive
:moon:

move to Arizona on the boarder of Cali James... Yuma is a shit hole but the outskirts are all desert and there is some nice areas... plus you got buttercup dunes that are fun if you like sand. This way you are only a few hours from driving to a lot of the kick ass spots that are in California.

The land here really is the best. Ive thought about moving out cause of the politics but i would not move unless i found some property that has lots of acreage so i could build a mx track, go ride into trees and hills and go hunting. Plus for right now the spot im in is a really good spot for a father like myself to raise a kid. im in one of the best school districts in California.

I think we need to blow up California and start all over again. The people just let the state do what ever they want, bet you they let those stupid plates to come out with little fight.:prof:

I think we need to blow up California and start all over again. The people just let the state do what ever they want, bet you they let those stupid plates to come out with little fight.:prof:
CA is actually a LOT more diverse than people think...its not all San Francisco and LA...

James

Staff member
move to Arizona on the boarder of Cali James... plus you got buttercup dunes that are fun if you like sand.
No I'm liking "boring" ole Indiana more and more.:P
The people just let the state do what ever they want, bet you they let those stupid plates to come out with little fight.:prof:
Yeah that would surprise me one bit. :foul:
We can do a hack for DBA:banana:
:prof:Ok forget everything I said above, I want those plates now. :banana:

CA is actually a LOT more diverse than people think...its not all San Francisco and LA...
As in people, politics, land? :noidea:

I only see it if the reg was free.

They should give people an option. Free reg and plat with ads or pay your fees and get a old style plate.

This is Nazi ran California that will never happen.

they will charge you... plus registration fees will prolly go up and THEN they will keep all the revenue for themselves.

Also i gaurantee you will not be able to choose what it is you want advertised so you might be advertising something that you do not support or even like.

This is Nazi ran California that will never happen.

they will charge you... plus registration fees will prolly go up and THEN they will keep all the revenue for themselves.

Also i gaurantee you will not be able to choose what it is you want advertised so you might be advertising something that you do not support or even like.

That might be the straw that breaks this camels back...born here, lived here all my life, married here, all my kids were born here and love it for what iit has to offer HOWEVER, I can't deal with ongoing bullshit!