California 200 Tragedy

An off-road truck plowed into a crowd and scattered "bodies everywhere" moments after sailing off a jump at a California race Saturday, killing eight people and leaving 12 injured, authorities and witnesses said.
100815_offroadcrashtruck.grid-6x2.jpg

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38710643/ns/us_news-life/

RIP motor sport fans and best wishes to the ones that are injured :cry:

Just saw the story on the local news. My thoughts go out to all involved.

I fully expect this to be latched onto by the anti's. Ban off racing as it is too dangerous. Heck close all off roading on public land at the same time. These prospects make me sad.

Well if the fans were smart enough to stand away from the course, maybe this wouldn't have happened. With the dust flying everywhere and bumps and rocks, the drivers can't control their truck to well.

Well if the fans were smart enough to stand away from the course, maybe this wouldn't have happened. With the dust flying everywhere and bumps and rocks, the drivers can't control their truck to well.

True...the jump reminded me of the one on Zoo road in Baja...EVRY BODY and his brother gater there because of the action...well, they got action...The last thing I heard the reporter say was "Authorities have not pressed charges against the driver"...WTF???? This is a race if anything he should have something say about the spectators being too clsoe to the course (10 ft is what they said)...From what I saw it was a blind landing...the driver couldn't see the landing area from what I could tell...Another comment the reporter said was "Because there was NO guard rail to keep the vehicle on the course....." I see lawsuits galore coming!

Sad story, hate to read these things...Cleanard is right about the anti's latching onto this..I had mentioned just that to my daughter ealier thins morning...

True...the jump reminded me of the one on Zoo road in Baja...EVRY BODY and his brother gater there because of the action...well, they got action...The last thing I heard the reporter say was "Authorities have not pressed charges against the driver"...WTF???? This is a race if anything he should have something say about the spectators being too clsoe to the course (10 ft is what they said)...From what I saw it was a blind landing...the driver couldn't see the landing area from what I could tell...Another comment the reporter said was "Because there was NO guard rail to keep the vehicle on the course....." I see lawsuits galore coming!

Sad story, hate to read these things...Cleanard is right about the anti's latching onto this..I had mentioned just that to my daughter ealier thins morning...

so youm think charges should be pressed against the driver?

he was in a sanctioned race... its not let he was illegally racing. The spectators are the ones at fault here not the driver. its simple... they should not be that close to the course and in no way is this the drivers fault.

he was in a sanctioned race... its not let he was illegally racing. The spectators are the ones at fault here not the driver. its simple... they should not be that close to the course and in no way is this the drivers fault.

Hell no, he was in an event...now if he strayed off course on purpose and aimed for them then of course! I agree about the spectators being too close...I was one of those idiots at the KOH race last Febn...I was within 3 ft of the course...taking pic's when a giuy lost his sterring while the front end was in the air, it came donw and came right towards me...I've nevercrab crawled that fast flat let alons over boulders all while holding a camera....:shocked:

Hell no, he was in an event...now if he strayed off course on purpose and aimed for them then of course! I agree about the spectators being too close...I was one of those idiots at the KOH race last Febn...I was within 3 ft of the course...taking pic's when a giuy lost his sterring while the front end was in the air, it came donw and came right towards me...I've nevercrab crawled that fast flat let alons over boulders all while holding a camera....:shocked:

ohh ok i read it a bit wrong then...

anyhow reminds me of the Glamis Compatition hill days. Not 1 big weekend did i not see someone get hit. The crowds were mobs and if you hit someone... say goodbye to all your windows fenders doors mirrors lights and anthing else they can get thier hands on. People were Ruthless out there back when i was a teenager

A tragic event for sure.

I'm sorry for all.

sucks so bad.... and it really is a shame that a organized event like this has spectators that treat it as if it was just another big weekend at Glamis or something of that sort. I understand that that is also teh draw to events like this. where its not a stadium type atomosphere but still people need to respect that their is a lot of metal moving very fast and you just will not win.

A tragic event for sure and this is not the first time something like this has happened.It's not the Baja races and the Corporation holding the event should be held responseible for not ropeing off a safe distances. Not the driver.Please sign me and my family up to sit front row at one of these events.:bonk: Common sense says you should probably keep a safe distance.

Last thng I heard last night is that MDR )Mojae Desert Racing) is pointing the finger at BLM...regardless why....It's going to be a lot tougher out there if the BLM is responsible both in policing areas AND closing areas.... Just the way I see it...