All Cal Poly San Luis Obispo Hi-Mountain Dual Sport Ride 4/27/14

Oh yea, def. get Roger on board. And Rack, it's a few miles of pavement, but not to the point where it's not fun. If I remember right, it's 15ish miles of scenic highway in the beginning followed by mainly all off road up until the last 10ish miles or so. So for a 125 mile ride, it's actually ALOT of off road still. Besides, what's a dual sport ride with out putting our license plate to use :thumb:

So anyways....

No pictures worth loading (up or down)... plus they're on my daughters camera at home with no PC available there. If I remember I might bring it with me BUT like I said, no pic's worth viewing.

Ride was fun... lots of pavement... City streets, Country roads, Highways and Freeways... Dirt roads (FRQ delight :banana: ) some ST once you got up to them :thumb: which meant having to climb a few hills (not bad) but there were a few tough ones (for me anyways) but I managed...:smirk: saw a deer, a couple wild turkeys, a couple vultures sittin on a water trough eyeballing one of the John-Martins thinking to themselves... "Damn I'm hungry, I'm gonna have to kill somethin.." :devil:

On one of the hill climbs there was an old-timer broke down, waved me down so I stopped. :ride: This is right after I dumped it climbing a dust hill so I was out of breath..:foul: . told me his bike is broken, won't start, my riding buddies Steve adn Davey are up ahead, maybe they stop could you please tell them I'm here... Sure no problem... never saw anyone... :noidea:... So I continue and meet up with one fo the John-Martins at the top of a hill. We continued down when his bike stalled ...of course it wasn't at the top of any hill OR atthe end of the hills in a nice flat area... OH HELL NO, it was right damn in the middle of a "saddle" with only 1 possible way out which was through the bushes... we waited and the cavalry showed up... shortly after a rider came blazing over the hill and had to stop because BOTH John-Martins parked their bikes on the trail... :foul:.... :smirk: adfter scoldign them the guy rode by, met up with the rest of our group and said hey they'res 2 young guys and a dad back there which prompted the cavalries return! :banana:.... :LIFESAVER:

TBC

I pulled that last quotes post from last years ride report. Sounds like a lot of pavement to me :noidea:

Rez road some different routes then we did on the first 80 mile section of the ride. Wether or not that included more pavement, I don't know. Gary, Ken, Roger, my bro and I took the more challenging routes that first section, so his riding experiences may vary from ours. But the point is that it's a great ride and fun regardless of the miles of pavement. I don't know why the number of pavement miles matters.

I had a GREAT TIME last year with Rez, Roger, Ken, Gary and my brother, regardless of how many street and freeway (:eek: :smirk:) miles we did.

Riding to me isn't always about tackling the gnarliest, most technical, far away from civilization trails out there. It's about hanging out with friends and family doing something we all have a love for. It's enjoying each other's shenanigans while bench racing at lunch and dinner before/after/during a ride. The fact that we get to take a coastal scenic drive away from our everyday lives for the weekend, ride fun trails, awesome single track on private vineyards and on farms that is restricted but that one day of the year, just makes things THAT MUCH better.

Rez road some different routes then we did on the first 80 mile section of the ride. Wether or not that included more pavement, I don't know. Gary, Ken, Roger, my bro and I took the more challenging routes that first section, so his riding experiences may vary from ours. But the point is that it's a great ride and fun regardless of the miles of pavement. I don't know why the number of pavement miles matters.

I had a GREAT TIME last year with Rez, Roger, Ken, Gary and my brother, regardless of how many street and freeway (:eek: :smirk:) miles we did.

Riding to me isn't always about tackling the gnarliest, most technical, far away from civilization trails out there. It's about hanging out with friends and family doing something we all have a love for. It's enjoying each other's shenanigans while bench racing at lunch and dinner before/after/during a ride. The fact that we get to take a coastal scenic drive away from our everyday lives for the weekend, ride fun trails, awesome single track on private vineyards and on farms that is restricted but that one day of the year, just makes things THAT MUCH better.

I only rode a different section when we became disconnected (shortly after the ranger station break)... we all rode the pavement on the way out, the pavement thru the ranches and the fricken highway on the way back... the section thru the ranches seemed to be the longest but could have been due to the twisty conditions..... I had my fill of it.

let's say it was 75/25... 75% dirt. :prof:

Oh yea, def. get Roger on board. And Rack, it's a few miles of pavement, but not to the point where it's not fun. If I remember right, it's 15ish miles of scenic highway in the beginning followed by mainly all off road up until the last 10ish miles or so. So for a 125 mile ride, it's actually ALOT of off road still. Besides, what's a dual sport ride with out putting our license plate to use :thumb:
One thing I will say though. You and your brother MUST make an effort to do the dual sport ride up in Coarsegold put on by the SOTSNF this year. Now THAT was a dual sport ride:banana:

Looks like those that did the SLO ride will do it again (Rez is out) and the rest of you knucklefucks that keep talking shit will sit on the sidelines. No big deal, no loss, who cares? I sure the hell don't. Me? I have not decided yet on if I'll make the trek or not, fun ride? Yes! Good time? Yes! Extra people going? Don't care!

I can send my ride app in up to the 7th for the 80$. I do have the Sierra ride in my bucket list, kind of like KM. However, if I bring my bikes out to AZ and start exploring, I will probably NEVER, do another CA dual sport adventure ride.

Looks like those that did the SLO ride will do it again (Rez is out) and the rest of you knucklefucks that keep talking shit will sit on the sidelines. No big deal, no loss, who cares? I sure the hell don't. Me? I have not decided yet on if I'll make the trek or not, fun ride? Yes! Good time? Yes! Extra people going? Don't care!

I can send my ride app in up to the 7th for the 80$. I do have the Sierra ride in my bucket list, kind of like KM. However, if I bring my bikes out to AZ and start exploring, I will probably NEVER, do another CA dual sport adventure ride.
Uh, I think the SOTSNF should still be on your list. Not only for the weekend ride, but for the Friday "pre" dual sport ride.:banana:

PS - what's with the pms attitude oh plump one:wave:

Last edited:
Since Palmer may not go, I just might have to make this trip.
:stirthepot:

I will be in the desert for a few days the week before.