Broken Fork Seal.. Help!!

So i have professionally made forks and i blew a fork seal. I am wondering if i bought new ones and replaced them myself would it mess up the forks or would they still function the same? I have a 1997 Honda 250 with forks done by Pro Valve (costa mesa).

it is something you can do yourself. Watch several videos on how to do it, buy the special tools and have someone there to help that has done it before. Its a bit much the first time you do it so get some help.

As long as you are only replacing the seals, and adding the same weight, type, and oil level, you will do nothing to the re-valve they did on the forks. So, know what they used. You'll be fine.

You can get by without any specialty tools, but the time they will save makes me want to tell you to get a seal driver. You can make them out of pvc and abs pipe and pipe connectors, used with radiator clamps. One thing that may surprise you is how much force is required to get slider to knock the bushing out of the tube and get the whole thing apart. Did you try cleaning the dirt out of the deal with photo film, a business card, or heavy grease?

Last edited: