Brand new RM250 on the showroom floor.

So, Nurse Lisa and I went down to her moms beach house to do a few things before spring. Luckily I also had to meet one of my subcontractors who lives in the area to get a permit stamped. I have been tossing around the idea of a Dr650 for a while and figured since we had the time Lisa and I would stop in and see what the local dealer had. With spring and warm weather arriving there was no shortage of bikes in the showroom. Lisa loved the slingshot and razors... I looked at the Groms and Dualsports. Then something caught my eye in the used section. Someone sold back a bike. A brand new 2006RM250. No hours living room kept. The original owner bought it, assembled it and put it in his living room for the last 10yrs. He changed the seat and the tank graphics for some unexplained reason but it was all oem bars plastics levers chain wheels and tires. Never even had a full tank of gas. I tried to negotiate a deal but none the less it was not for sale. I haven't given up yet though. Once my buddy Anthony gets back from Daytona I'll have him go negotiate a deal for me. He's a motorcycle finance and sales guy here in NJ and hopefully I can get my DS and my new RM250! :ride:

image.jpeg

I can't believe you would even care to buy it Mike. After all, the dealer (STEALER) probably didn't give the owner shit for it, and now he thinks he has a capitol on it. F-that, not worth it in any $$$ amount. Especially when you can get a new YZ for 6,000.

So, Nurse Lisa and I went down to her moms beach house to do a few things before spring. Luckily I also had to meet one of my subcontractors who lives in the area to get a permit stamped. I have been tossing around the idea of a Dr650 for a while and figured since we had the time Lisa and I would stop in and see what the local dealer had. With spring and warm weather arriving there was no shortage of bikes in the showroom. Lisa loved the slingshot and razors... I looked at the Groms and Dualsports. Then something caught my eye in the used section. Someone sold back a bike. A brand new 2006RM250. No hours living room kept. The original owner bought it, assembled it and put it in his living room for the last 10yrs. He changed the seat and the tank graphics for some unexplained reason but it was all oem bars plastics levers chain wheels and tires. Never even had a full tank of gas. I tried to negotiate a deal but none the less it was not for sale. I haven't given up yet though. Once my buddy Anthony gets back from Daytona I'll have him go negotiate a deal for me. He's a motorcycle finance and sales guy here in NJ and hopefully I can get my DS and my new RM250! :ride:

View attachment 28339

image.jpg

A Full bike new old stock is never going to be a bad buy no matter what the tank says!
I'd buy it if I had it spare! Haggle the price and it can only win until you use it!

Hell, as soon as you buy it is is used. But I can understand the fever having not been able to squelch it in over 50 years. Like Flake says, in so many words, what you want is what you want and there is no explaining it or need to explain it.