Boyesen Supercool Kit

SRAD97750

Staff member
alright guys, after installing the pump and all the other goodies, I went for a ride... well tried to. My bike does not like to start for some reason, even when it is all warmed up. Once it starts it runs great and its just as strong as it ever was. I know the impeller is attached to the valve drive, and when I was installing it I did turn the engine backwards when I tried to get the impeller off. Do you think I screwed my timing up? It doesn't want to kick start or e-start. Any thoughts?
No, you can't screw your timing up by manually turning the engine either direction.
I would check the common stuff.
1. Fresh fuel getting to the carb?
2. Carb clean?
3. Air filter clean/lubed?
4. Spark? Even out of the box a new spark plug can fail... replace to be sure if no spark.
5. Kill switch set to run?
6. Cuss?
-BIG DAN

No, you can't screw your timing up by manually turning the engine either direction.
I would check the common stuff.
1. Fresh fuel getting to the carb?
2. Carb clean?
3. Air filter clean/lubed?
4. Spark? Even out of the box a new spark plug can fail... replace to be sure if no spark.
5. Kill switch set to run?
6. Cuss?
-BIG DAN

Excellent man, I haven't had time to check anything yet, but I will definitely go through the usual. If I can't find anything I will have a friend check out the engine. If, hope its doesnt, needs to be rebuilt, I will just drop a 490 kit in it :thumb:. Thanks again