Boyesen Supercool Kit

Anyone know how to install one of these on the wr450? It looks like the impeller just threads on, but when I try to take the old one off it just spins. I bought it off a friend of mine for cheap, but he never put it on it just sat in his garage. Any thoughts? if I have to go through the top end im just going to sell the damn thing becaused there is no way im going to do that. Let me know, thanks...

Well I sat there staring at the bike for a while, and once I realized what to do I felt so stupid.

You have to take the pump cover off of course, that was my first issue :smirk:. and there is a 12mm nut on the impeller, to take the impeller off you have to go to the other side of the bike and take the flyweel inspection cover thingamajig and use a 17mm socket to hold the flywheel in place so the engine doesnt move. then just simply crank the impeller off and thread the new one on. I will get pictures later. its a nice set up I have now, Warp 9 racing oversised radiators, MSR braces and Guards, 2.0 bar radiator cap, CV4 blue radiator hoses, and the Boyesen supercool kit. My bike will barely hit operating temperature :D. Once I get everything in place i will post pics here, and a step by step guide for the supercool kit. :thumb:

Boyesen supercool water pump

The stock impeller is on top of the boyesen which has taller blades and they are angled different.

temporary-79.jpg

Pump cover Boyesen on left stock on right

temporary-80.jpg

and it all put together

temporary-81.jpg

Warp 9 Radiators with the MSR braces and guards

temporary-82.jpg

CV4 blue radiator hoses... they look a little dirty

temporary-83.jpg

I also have the 2.0 radiator cap, and I run Engine Ice. It is a great looking set up :drool: , I just hope it works as well as it looks. I would love to go ride this weekend, but the mother frackin rally is here so I have to work non stop. Plus I have to finish the landing ramp for Kenny Bartram and his crew for the freestyle show tomorrow night. So I wont be able to ride until next weekend im thinkin. Oh well, overtime means more money in my pocket :thumb:

alright guys, after installing the pump and all the other goodies, I went for a ride... well tried to. My bike does not like to start for some reason, even when it is all warmed up. Once it starts it runs great and its just as strong as it ever was. I know the impeller is attached to the valve drive, and when I was installing it I did turn the engine backwards when I tried to get the impeller off. Do you think I screwed my timing up? It doesn't want to kick start or e-start. Any thoughts?

she's clean now. I had it all torn apart and didnt want to get water anywhere important, so it was dirty for the installation.
:shocked: you were worried about getting water in important areas but not dirt? How hard is it to wash a bike and thoroughly clean the area you will be taking apart before working on it?

Oh well, nice additions and hope they work out. :thumb: