Boots !

Do you have issues with getting your buckles undone? Gman (Rack Jr Jr) has Tech 3's and always needed help getting the buckles open. I did it a couple times and damn those were hard. :bonk: Getting the buckle open wasn't the hardest part though, it was taking it out of the clasp thingy. :rant:
I don't personally own them, but I have used them, never found the buckle to be a issue, but I have man hands::devil:. I have tech 6's and 240mxv's:thumb:

James

Staff member
I don't personally own them, but I have used them, never found the buckle to be a issue, but I have man hands::devil:. I have tech 6's and 240mxv's:thumb:
:lol: Even Rack had trouble so that's not the case. It could have just been those boots. :noidea:

Do you have issues with getting your buckles undone? Gman (Rack Jr Jr) has Tech 3's and always needed help getting the buckles open. I did it a couple times and damn those were hard. :bonk: Getting the buckle open wasn't the hardest part though, it was taking it out of the clasp thingy. :rant:

WD-40. It helps A LOT!

Like others said it all depends on what you personally like and what feels comfortable to you. For me, my TCX Pro 2's are some of the most comfortable MX boots I've ever had on my feet. They are slightly wide, which fits my foot perfectly. The torsion control system (ie. hinged ankle) makes them fairly comfortable to walk in and allows for freedom of movement on the bike and trails. The downside to that (IMO) is a bit less stiffness for protection. I cased a triple back in April and hyper-extended both ankles. Would it have been better in different boots? Who knows... If/when I get back into MX I may pick up a pair of Gaerne SG10/12's or Tech 8/10's for a bit of extra stiffness and protection. I love the Sidi Crossfires - they are super well made - have a nice, low profile toe box, offer a hinged ankle as well, and probably have the best buckles out there - but I find them to be too narrow for my foot.

If I were mainly doing trail riding and not as much jumping, I'd definitely go for the TCX Pro 2.1's or the Sidi Crossfires - if you plan on jumping a lot I'd personally go for a non-hinged design like the new Tech 8 light, Tech 10, or SG 10 or 12.

Like others said it all depends on what you personally like and what feels comfortable to you. For me, my TCX Pro 2's are some of the most comfortable MX boots I've ever had on my feet. They are slightly wide, which fits my foot perfectly. The torsion control system (ie. hinged ankle) makes them fairly comfortable to walk in and allows for freedom of movement on the bike and trails. The downside to that (IMO) is a bit less stiffness for protection. I cased a triple back in April and hyper-extended both ankles. Would it have been better in different boots? Who knows... If/when I get back into MX I may pick up a pair of Gaerne SG10/12's or Tech 8/10's for a bit of extra stiffness and protection. I love the Sidi Crossfires - they are super well made - have a nice, low profile toe box, offer a hinged ankle as well, and probably have the best buckles out there - but I find them to be too narrow for my foot.

If I were mainly doing trail riding and not as much jumping, I'd definitely go for the TCX Pro 2.1's or the Sidi Crossfires - if you plan on jumping a lot I'd personally go for a non-hinged design like the new Tech 8 light, Tech 10, or SG 10 or 12.

Yeah il be doing MX so lots of jumping! Are Tech 7s good once broken in feel wise? Compared with Tech 3? Ouch sorry to hear about the ankles ! :(

I haven't ridden in Tech 3's or Tech 7's, but I have friends who own both and love them - and I have tried them both on. They felt comfortable to me, just a bit stiff and a bit more bulky in the toe box. Only complaint I've heard on those is stiff buckles but you'll get that with any boot really (except for maybe the Sidi's). The new Tech 8 lights look REALLY nice, and when put right next to the old Tech 8's they have a very nice, low profile.