Boots !

I have comp5s by FOX, I like them alot. I wanna try some thor ratchet buckles, but all that matters is how much cash you have to blow on boots, they get pricey! And you really do pay for quality

I have comp5s by FOX, I like them alot. I wanna try some thor ratchet buckles, but all that matters is how much cash you have to blow on boots, they get pricey! And you really do pay for quality

Nasher...do a search on here for other boot related threads I know there's another one that'll have the info you want.

As for the Thor Ratchet boots...I want some of those just for the ease of them and they won't break the bank...I know you have to pay for quality. (I'm in the quality business) but right now I am in the simplicity state of mind...If I find they aren't worth a crap then I'll go large and get a higer end pair of G's, A'Stars, or SiDi's ....

James

Staff member
First off what's your budget? Decent boots are $200-300 (USD) and the top of the line boots are ~$500 (USD).

(In my opinion) the $200-300 ones are good enough for the average rider, however the more expensive ones will typically offer better ankle support (among other things). I've been wearing Tech 7's for the past two years and haven't had any complaints, but plan on getting the Tech 10's (or equivalent) for next year. The faster and higher you go the harder you crash (and require more protection).

First off what's your budget? Decent boots are $200-300 (USD) and the top of the line boots are ~$500 (USD).

(In my opinion) the $200-300 ones are good enough for the average rider, however the more expensive ones will typically offer better ankle support (among other things). I've been wearing Tech 7's for the past two years and haven't had any complaints, but plan on getting the Tech 10's (or equivalent) for next year. The faster and higher you go the harder you crash (and require more protection).

Up to sortof around $316. Well i rode at the Suzuki centre near where i live and tried the tech 7s i think and they were good, but i've just gone out and bought some Shift Combats and their not right.. Can't feel a thing ! Dunno whether it's a 'wear in' thing or whether they just have abnormaly solid thick bottoms but i can't feel where my feet are..

James

Staff member
Up to sortof around $316. Well i rode at the Suzuki centre near where i live and tried the tech 7s i think and they were good, but i've just gone out and bought some Shift Combats and their not right.. Can't feel a thing ! Dunno whether it's a 'wear in' thing or whether they just have abnormaly solid thick bottoms but i can't feel where my feet are..
Yes there is typically a break in period for boots, how much all depends on the boot. However some boots will still be stiff after they've been broken in. My Tech 7's had very little break in time. :thumb:

The easiest way to break them in is to just wear them around the house for awhile.

for me my sidi's were a bit tight. At first i couldn't feel the pegs, brakes and shift that well but now that they are broke in they are comfy. Also i have toed a few rocks at decent speeds and didnt hurt my foot :rocker:

for me my sidi's were a bit tight. At first i couldn't feel the pegs, brakes and shift that well but now that they are broke in they are comfy. Also i have toed a few rocks at decent speeds and didnt hurt my foot :rocker:

Sidi's are tight on me as well, narrow! I really like the fit of a-stars :thumb:

I have to say, my sidi chargers are great. I've had them for almost 3 years now. They are cheaper than the crossfires and feel the same (comfort & protection wise) My brother has the crossfire sr's and one of my friends has the crossfire ta's. The chargers feel the same as the ta's. the sr's feel like they have better support though. Just my 2 cents.

James

Staff member
I love tech 3's!
Do you have issues with getting your buckles undone? Gman (Rack Jr Jr) has Tech 3's and always needed help getting the buckles open. I did it a couple times and damn those were hard. :bonk: Getting the buckle open wasn't the hardest part though, it was taking it out of the clasp thingy. :rant:

Boots are different for everybody. What works and feels good to me, may not work or feel good to you. Everybody's feet are different. I currently run the Tech-10's and love them. Solid and light. Comfortable and you forget you have the boots on. You need to go try them on at the dealer with your boot socks and walk around and try and sit on a bike with them on to see how they feel.