All Blizzard of 2011

James

Staff member
I'm bored, so I figured I might as well start this thread.

Most of you have probably already heard about the snow storm/blizzard going through part of the Midwest. I guess we're supposed to get 12-18 inches and wind up to 45 mph, which could cause 4-8 ft drifts. :cry: Can I move out to Cali?

Local Radar
http://ftp.wsbt.com/midwestsatradloop_640.gif
http://ftp.wsbt.com/regional2radarloop_640.gif

Here are a couple pictures I took:

Leaving work and heading to the gym.
DSCN0357_.jpg

DSCN0359_1.jpg

Leaving the gym and going home.

DSCN0360_1.jpg

DSCN0363_1.jpg

My driveway. :foul:

DSCN0373.jpg

Thank goodness for 4x4's :ride:
DSCN0374_1.jpg

Anybody else have any pictures, from this storm, to add?

our whole car was frozen solid. I had to kick the door and broke off a half inch of ice to open it. It took 20 minutes to do the windows. We went to the gas station and our gas cap cover froze solid, I had to puch it open like chuck norris :smirk: I hope we get tomarrow off too.

our whole car was frozen solid. I had to kick the door and broke off a half inch of ice to open it. It took 20 minutes to do the windows. We went to the gas station and our gas cap cover froze solid, I had to puch it open like chuck norris :smirk: I hope we get tomarrow off too.

I don't know why, you'll just have to make it up in the summer when it is riding weather.

:wow: I was suppose to be in Chicago this week. I am so glad that got canceled. Our office out there shut down at 3pm and it is closed for tomorrow. I think California needs to get days off for too much sun. :smirk: "Sorry work I cannot come in today because the sun is too bright"

James

Staff member
:smirk:Nice stuff, I can relate, believe me. It happens here several times a winter at my house. :P
:prof: I call foul, you live on a mountain, not fair. :moon: :P

Damn that wind is howling outside.:shocked: Oh and you can't forget about the snow lightning.

modern-art-prints

I am watching CNN and it is crazy out there. Chicago is looking better from my living room in Cali then actually being there like I was suppose to be. Have fun with that Short Stack..

People wonder why anyone lives in California? Well it's about 60 and nice blue skies here today. Just like anywhere there are upsides and downsides.

You know when this low pressure system was getting started we just got a little rain on Sunday. Then as the storm exited SoCal it turned into a monster.

James

Staff member
And here's the morning after. :bonk:

Opened my door, last night, to see what it looked like...

DSCN0378.jpg

It was even worse this morning. :rant:

CDA, in the chat, you'd said that your truck could get through anything, how about this before it was plowed? :smirk: Oh and yes it's called "plowed", not "scraped". :P

(The one spot came up to my truck window)
DSCN0386.jpg