Bioabsorbable Interference Screws

Yeah, keeping my fingers crossed that thread doesn't happen either. :thumb: If that screw is bad, not clear on the exact fix, but sounds like once they get the screw out and debrive the screw tunnel, they'll have to fill using a bone plug to affix the femur end of my ACL graft in place, and hope the graft doesn't get too upset and/or beat up in the process. And, another 6 months off the bike while the bone plug incorporates.

What am I going to do with you?:gibbs:

I need my riding buddy back:cry: It's always one of us or something in the way.

I guess you'll be camp Mom for a while but, :naughty: NO DANCING around camp! I knew I should have come to Oco for NY. You had too much fun and your knee couldnt handle it.

Im sending you positive well wishes and I hope that things get figured out and fixed. Be patient, and get a 2nd opinion. It certainly wouldnt hurt.

We're going to miss you this weekend. I'llbe thinkng of you. Feel better my friend:hug:

What am I going to do with you?:gibbs:

I need my riding buddy back:cry: It's always one of us or something in the way.

I guess you'll be camp Mom for a while but, :naughty: NO DANCING around camp! I knew I should have come to Oco for NY. You had too much fun and your knee couldnt handle it.

Im sending you positive well wishes and I hope that things get figured out and fixed. Be patient, and get a 2nd opinion. It certainly wouldnt hurt.

We're going to miss you this weekend. I'llbe thinkng of you. Feel better my friend:hug:

WHOA, now hold a minute...somebody else has got to be able to provide the entertainment, I can't be expected to do it ALL ... :smirk: ... OK, I'l do it for ya one more time .... :panic:

Thanks Sun!! :hug: Course, none of this would've happened if you had been there!! :gibbs:

Look on the bright side, you at least don't have a screw loose. :smirk:

That screw came loose a long time ago, now I'm just nutz!! :lol: :thumb:

WHOA, now hold a minute...somebody else has got to be able to provide the entertainment, I can't be expected to do it ALL ... :smirk: ... OK, I'l do it for ya one more time .... :panic:

Think you're doing a fine job Rez, keep dancing. :lol:

Update: After further questioning my doctor, my MRI report was recently ammended to match the film findings. Was told this was an oversight. The revised report now includes what was found on the films and reads: "There is mild to moderate bone marrow reaction surrounding the femoral screw of the ACL graft." Now I'm really getting nerved! They told me my knee is stable and want me to continue PT. They do not want me riding, want to watch it longer. Need this screw to go away!!

James

Staff member
Update: After further questioning my doctor, my MRI report was recently ammended to match the film findings. Was told this was an oversight. The revised report now includes what was found on the films and reads: "There is mild to moderate bone marrow reaction surrounding the femoral screw of the ACL graft." Now I'm really getting nerved! They told me my knee is stable and want me to continue PT. They do not want me riding, want to watch it longer. Need this screw to go away!!
Have you considered getting a second look/opinion from another doctors office?

Have you considered getting a second look/opinion from another doctors office?

Yup, that's next!! Trying to go out of the area of the social circle, sometimes doc's don't like knowing your doing that, and the docs that you see for the 2nd op don't always appreciate reviewing among peers they know.