Bike becomes paperweight

James

Staff member
:shocked: A buddy just got a pretty big paperweight.

450_2.jpg

450.jpg

He'd loaned his 450 to a local WMX rider and I guess it blew up on the leap at Red Bud. :cripple: She ended up being transported to Ft Wayne hospital.

James

Staff member
Last I heard she has a torn/split liver. :noidea:

:shocked: Saw the bike today, that skid plate is hiding even more damage underneath it. Plus the sub-frame and exhaust are pretty much toast.

James

Staff member
so she is still critical?
Last I heard she was still in ICU, but mostly just to keep an eye on her. She's been on facebook so it can't be to bad. :P
gotta keep those race bikes in tip top shape day in and day out... no exceptions
:thumb: Don't know why the bike blew and not saying that this is the reason why.......but maintenance isn't something to be dealt with lightly. Especially when you're hitting jumps, if the bike locks up in the air (which is what happened here).... :crash:

Last I heard she was still in ICU, but mostly just to keep an eye on her. She's been on facebook so it can't be to bad. :P

:thumb: Don't know why the bike blew and not saying that this is the reason why.......but maintenance isn't something to be dealt with lightly. Especially when you're hitting jumps, if the bike locks up in the air (which is what happened here).... :crash:

most bikes lock up while in full song. Either in a straight or an over rev in mid air. Or in my case while in idle :noidea: Some engines just go when the go. :prof:

James

Staff member
most bikes lock up while in full song. Either in a straight or an over rev in mid air. Or in my case while in idle :noidea: Some engines just go when the go. :prof:
:thumb: Yup, that's why I wasn't going to say that that was why it blew up (from lack of maintenance).

Jax, in your bearings defense, it was 10 yrs old... :lol:

you are supposed to totally rebuild these motors once a year as part of the maintenance. not saying the bike was neglected...