Between 05 rmz450 and 06 crf250r

I have heard good and bad about both the rmz is completely stock besides an upgraded clutch the crf has completely new everything an upgrades inside an out. Which would be better less problems an longer lasting for me. Trail riding some track maybe get into racing eventually. Any advice is appreciated

I have heard good and bad about both the rmz is completely stock besides an upgraded clutch the crf has completely new everything an upgrades inside an out. Which would be better less problems an longer lasting for me. Trail riding some track maybe get into racing eventually. Any advice is appreciated

A friend of mine has had nothing but problems with his crf, about the same year, he can't keep the valves adjusted for more than 3 rides, he even replaced the head, and still has the same issues, a DBA member here can probably make you forget about the crf as well......@Snowflake

Last edited:

SRAD97750

Staff member
It's such a pain in the ass to start though
Congrats on the new bike. Post up a photo or 3 for us to gaze upon.
"Pain in the ass", as in hard to kick over? I find a fresh 450 hard to kick over, as well, when warmed up.

If it kicks over easily and just doesn't start right away, I would suspect valve adjustment.
-BIG DAN:thumb:

Its definitely hard to kick, it sat for months with pump gas in it I'm thinking I'll put a new spark plug and drain the fuel and clean the carb a bit and I have a new jet I'll put in it too. The guy that sold it to me is going to come over tomorrow and we are gonna tear into it