Beta 390 or Exc/Fe 350?

Hi, I wonder how that bike would be for someone who weights 140 lbs? Would that 390 cc be to strong or manageble? Dream bike for both on and offroad right now :)

I would get the 350 exc/Fe but have heard that they are more racey and highrevved. I want to take it to the road to offroad location, to school and on the highway sometimes. Casual things you know:) I will not race with the bike since im scared breaking bones and not able to do things. Which one of the bike, Beta 390 or 350 would be the best for this or does them both work for that with no problem? //Patric :)

That 390 will pull you around and not even know you are on it.

The 350 is a good bike also.

What dealer do you have closest? Not that you would need it with the Beta but if the KTM dealer is far away I wouldn't touch one.

I've had a BYOB since June of 2012, and never needed any parts that were not available in a day.

EDIT: Correct first sentence/CDA told you what BYOB. My 2012 520 is one.

Last edited:
The 390 will that you around and not even know you are on it.

The 350 is a good bike also.

What dealer do you have closest? Not that you would need it with the Beta but if the KTM dealer is far away I wouldn't touch one.

I've had a BYOB since June of 2012, and never needed any parts that were not available in a day.

Oh my so it will do it for all my needs??damn omg really, so it wont be like powerful at all?!? (390). Damn 390cc sounds powerful af though but if you say so omg YES ! Ktm dealer closest but the Beta is not that far away either! Whats BYOB? thx for the answer :)

Last edited:
Oh my so it will do it for all my needs??damn omg really, so it wont be like powerful at all?!? (390). Damn 390cc sounds powerful af though but if you say so omg YES ! Ktm dealer closest but the Beta is not that far away either! Whats BYOB? thx for the answer :)

I think Gary meant the 390 has plenty power to haul you around as if you weren't even on it! I suspect the same for the 350 but I'm not in the know so maybe he'll have your answer!
For me I'd rather have the beta!

Both the 390 and 350 are great mid range bikes. For a 140lb rider it would be a good mix. Throttle response on both are smooth so you won't have that quick snap unless you snap your wrist quickly on the throttle.

BYOB - is Beta's Build Your Own Bike. You can go on the Beta website and build your bike with the accessories you want and have it shipped to your local Beta dealer. It's pretty cool

Whats BYOB? thx for the answer :)
BYOB - is Beta's Build Your Own Bike. You can go on the Beta website and build your bike with the accessories you want and have it shipped to your local Beta dealer. It's pretty cool

I will add to the BYOB: The bike is built as you want it, sprung for you, added accessories you want, and NO LABOR FEE for doing so. Not only that, all the parts are discounted. You pay 500 deposit and the bike is shipped to your dealer to install the handlebars, engine oils, and check it all out. You pay balance or finance as you wish.

I will add to the BYOB: The bike is built as you want it, sprung for you, added accessories you want, and NO LABOR FEE for doing so. Not only that, all the parts are discounted. You pay 500 deposit and the bike is shipped to your dealer to install the handlebars, engine oils, and check it all out. You pay balance or finance as you wish.
:thumb: Yeah that's a nice setup. I looked into that a few years back. Same as CR500AF or KX500AF, I almost pulled the trigger on one of those, but it was around $16K when I was done. :wow:

I think Gary meant the 390 has plenty power to haul you around as if you weren't even on it! I suspect the same for the 350 but I'm not in the know so maybe he'll have your answer!
For me I'd rather have the beta!

Oh yeah i meanth that with my reply, sry if you couldnt read it! Ah i see, i might get the Beta 350 instead of the ktm and husqvarna and rather have the Beta just like you :D

Both the 390 and 350 are great mid range bikes. For a 140lb rider it would be a good mix. Throttle response on both are smooth so you won't have that quick snap unless you snap your wrist quickly on the throttle.

Oh nice! That is super nice to hear that both can snap when wriding that throttle. When i walk in the forrest i always think that something watches me and is gonna attack me so when i get either the 390 or 350, if i get a feeling that something is watching me i want to fly out of there.

Do both bikes have the EXACT same snap?? Reasonably 1 of them should have faster snap since they are 2 different bikes no? Ty for answer! I want the bike that can go the fastest for on a 5 second race. Because thats how i will escape from dangerous things in the forrest

Ah i understand thats cool asf that you can design your own Beta bike. I live in Sweden though, only Beta RR model here

Oh wow that is fkn dope, i live in Europe though, doesnt build your own beta only work on the Beta rr-s models? only Beta RR models in my country :/