best headlight under $100?

hey guys i'm pretty sure i'm going to be restoring my 99 WR400 and selling my 07 WR450 for money reasons, the 99 needs a lot of work so i'm looking into cheap parts for it but the headlight isn't really something i want to skimp on. When i bought the bike it had this headlight on it but i've never been pleased with the amount of light it produced and it's in pretty bad cosmetic shape now. I was looking through and this one really caught my eye cause the spot light is up higher and right now with the old one i usually can only see the front fender :bonk:
I'm also looking for a cool rear fender with a tail light but all i've found also have a license plate holder which i don't need.
Thanks guys :cheers:

First question -- How much electrical power does the bike make?

If you can't at least run a 65/55 watt halogen, it's going to suck. If I remember correctly the 99 will run that barely, but the 2000 and up were 120 watts.

The X2 is a decent light, but only if you have enough juice to run both lights.

I still like my Baja Designs headlight that uses the H4 type bulb. Lots of bulb options. It's $90 at Bike Bandit. The nice thing is you can throw on a DC regulator, a battery, and a HID kit for under $100 and have awesome lighting.

good point Cleonard... i would like to have it where i can some how keep it on if the bike stalls too cause down hills suck in the middle of the night without a light...lol. i wonder if i can just rewind my stator to have it run the 70watts

hey guys i'm pretty sure i'm going to be restoring my 99 WR400 and selling my 07 WR450 for money reasons, the 99 needs a lot of work so i'm looking into cheap parts for it but the headlight isn't really something i want to skimp on. When i bought the bike it had this headlight on it but i've never been pleased with the amount of light it produced and it's in pretty bad cosmetic shape now. I was looking through and this one really caught my eye cause the spot light is up higher and right now with the old one i usually can only see the front fender :bonk:
I'm also looking for a cool rear fender with a tail light but all i've found also have a license plate holder which i don't need.
Thanks guys :cheers:
Am I missing something here?

Am I missing something here?

I'm trying to get at least $3,000 for my 07 and buy my 99 back for the $500 that the guy already gave me, dump hopefully no more than $500 into it to get it running right and looking good. 3,000-1,000=$2,000 pay my $1,400 I owe in taxes and have $600 left to pay a bill or two and cancel mine, my bro and my sis in laws cell phone contracts and all get go phones cause we can't afford our $230 a month bill that we have now...

Clear things up?

I'm trying to get at least $3,000 for my 07 and buy my 99 back for the $500 that the guy already gave me, dump hopefully no more than $500 into it to get it running right and looking good. 3,000-1,000=$2,000 pay my $1,400 I owe in taxes and have $600 left to pay a bill or two and cancel mine, my bro and my sis in laws cell phone contracts and all get go phones cause we can't afford our $230 a month bill that we have now...

Clear things up?
:shocked::thumb::smirk:

:lol:

oh a stator guy i talked to said the 99 WR400 pushes out 100watts... i guess i'm good to run that light! although i think it's getting weak cause the one on it now isn't that bright

Should be enough. If you are planning on actual night riding you need to have a plan that allows for HID. As far as I'm concerned halogen is marginal. It's much better suited to the "get back to the truck when the sun goes down" than actual planned night riding.

Should be enough. If you are planning on actual night riding you need to have a plan that allows for HID. As far as I'm concerned halogen is marginal. It's much better suited to the "get back to the truck when the sun goes down" than actual planned night riding.

yeah i looked and the HID light in the same shell is like $300 and i know i'm already gonna be dumping money into other parts on it so thats a bit much for my budget, also i'm not gonna be riding this forever just need something clean looking that will get the job done too