best gear in hot weather

holy shit bro 400$ ouch...
Yeah. They are pricey but they will last forever and are super comfy. Plus if you blow your knee out surgery will be very very expensive. Guess it comes down to how much your knees are worth lol. You can find cheaper ones from SixSixOne and EVS. Something is better than nothing

hey anyone ever ridden in knee pads other than actual dirt bike knee pads?

Yes, to be honest the ones you buy at places like cvs will offer support that is as good as I have found with the 400 dollar stuff. the drawback is that if you get enough "Knee guard" to go over those to really protect from impact like the 400 dollar stuff you will feel a lot more clumsy than the 400 dollar stuff. bulkier too, even though the higher priced stuff is bulky too. Since you are looking past motorcycle specific gear, try a hockey shop. good gear for about any area of the body you want to protect.

image.jpeg
I owned these Thor knee guards for a little while. They were alright but they kinda bound up behind the knee and become uncomfortable after an hour or so. Not bad for $90. I think shin guards are rather worthless for riding, your is generally high enough to protect your shins. Knee pads only for sure