best gear in hot weather

Im looking for recommendations for gear in this summer heat. Ive seen a lot of guys going shirtless... not an option for me. Lol... I did get a new helmet with multiple vents that helps a good bit. Do you guys take chances and wear shorts and tshirts or full gear thats designed for hot weather?

Im looking for recommendations for gear in this summer heat. Ive seen a lot of guys going shirtless... not an option for me. Lol... I did get a new helmet with multiple vents that helps a good bit. Do you guys take chances and wear shorts and tshirts or full gear thats designed for hot weather?

Believe it or not, it does get hot here. We have daylight here untill very late during these months, so I just head out later in the day when it begins to cool. But I always stay covered when riding, it's pretty easy to get sun burned if not. Pretty much always wear full gear though, although I don't wear chest protectors, my pants and jersey are both vented as well as my helmet which help a lot.I always bring a pack that has a water bladder so I don't get dehydrated, this is very important.

All good advice. Thanks! I probably wont ride much until fall. Though I do like the idea of the water bladder pack. One of the biggest issues is definitely feeling dehydrated.

iim lookin for gear too but more along the lines of body armor lol...knee pads/elbow particularily..i was hoping sum company would make comfy breathable shit with full on armor built in, i want to be able to eat shit and get up and do it again then again the next day, not lay in bed for a week...i cant find anything tho :/

Mesh mesh mesh. Ride faster and you will be air cooled. The only way to get used to the heat is to ride in it and get acclimated to it.
image.jpeg
I have this for cross country/enduro racing. Mesh suit with armored spine and back protection. Fox launch suit. It's hot but it's keeps you safe!

Couldn't tell ya. I'm certain fox doesn't. Just get a good set of knee braces (asterisk ultra cell, I love mine) and keep your hip pagesl pads in your riding pants, they should come with them. With your boots braces and hip pants you should be covered lol

Couldn't tell ya. I'm certain fox doesn't. Just get a good set of knee braces (asterisk ultra cell, I love mine) and keep your hip pagesl pads in your riding pants, they should come with them. With your boots braces and hip pants you should be covered lol
boot braces?