Best cleaner for us lazy types......

What is the best type of spray on cleaner I can use to clean off the dirt/oil where it leaks? Forks, case, etc. I know the BEST way is to fix the leaks...maybe, it's an old bike, not sure how much money I want to sink into it. I've tried that purple (not actually purple) shizzle which worked pretty good, is there anything else that's better?

Remember, keep in mind the lazy part...:smirk:

A lot of the purple cleaners have aggressive chemicals in them that will etch the aluminum over time. Simple green is safe, but maybe not quite as powerful.

It's not pretty, but a little RTV over the leaking area can work.

A lot of the purple cleaners have aggressive chemicals in them that will etch the aluminum over time. Simple green is safe, but maybe not quite as powerful.

It's not pretty, but a little RTV over the leaking area can work.

May give both a try...thanks!

Spray can of 99 cent Walmart engine degreaser and a old rag. Haven't seen it discolor aluminum, but it will discolor freshly paved asphalt in front of your house, oops...

i think i need a dirtbike maid so i can just sit and watch her fin ass clean my bike!! both my bikes are ****ing nasty dirty and need some TLC.

Yea I have used Shout also because of SoB's recommendation and was surprised how well it worked.

I guess SoB is worth having around...

I've found that the engine degreasers that have citrus in them work really well. Gunk makes one that I know in particular works well. Of course, contact cleaner is great too, you just have to make sure not to get it on any plastic parts.

8407_Budweiser_logo_1.jpg

:smirk: