Battery Tenders

I use one tender as Rack posted and put it on 4 bikes during the course of the year. If a battery becomes week because the bike has been sitting for a long time it gets the tender for a week even if the light turns green in a day. I don't feel the need to have more than 1 tender even though 4 bikes have pig tails to hook up to it.

I was putting my two cents in, I have a battery maintainer it works good, wasn't sure if a 1 amp or 2 amp maintainer was ideal for a bike.

Rack I'm sorry I am not as good as you :hail:
Please continue to be a dick and then act like you weren't trying to be after you read this post :thumb:

later hater. :D

When you decide to "GROW UP" you might have something intelligent to say in an informative thread. :prof:

I was putting my two cents in, I have a battery maintainer it works good, wasn't sure if a 1 amp or 2 amp maintainer was ideal for a bike.

Rack I'm sorry I am not as good as you :hail:
Please continue to be a dick and then act like you weren't trying to be after you read this post :thumb:

later hater. :D

STFU :gibbs:

I use one tender as Rack posted and put it on 4 bikes during the course of the year. If a battery becomes week because the bike has been sitting for a long time it gets the tender for a week even if the light turns green in a day. I don't feel the need to have more than 1 tender even though 4 bikes have pig tails to hook up to it.

:thumb:

When you decide to "GROW UP" you might have something intelligent to say in an informative thread. :prof:

:thumb:

Those battery tenders are low power. A single circuit might run a hundred of them. Since you are only asking about three, have at it. I like power strips for this kind of thing. At least you can mount them and keep some kind of order and help prevent a rats nest of wires.

I was mainly going on their warning notice in the directions...

battery tender brand makes one with 4 outputs and is the type that will bring back a weak battery where the regular ones will only maintain a good battery. They are about $250. Its what we use at Cycle Gear stores.

Since I already bought a single BT I think I'll get a second one and do what Palmers doing and switching around.

:thumb:...did you install the pig tails?

Like Mike says, the cheaper Tenders you buy, will not charge a weak battery. I've had a dead battery before, and the Tender wouldn't bring it back up, the light would turn green, but the battery was still dead.:prof:

Like Mike says, the cheaper Tenders you buy, will not charge a weak battery. I've had a dead battery before, and the Tender wouldn't bring it back up, the light would turn green, but the battery was still dead.:prof:

:noidea: ... the local Pep Boys had 3 to choose from ... an AUTO Tender by Battery Tender ($40), the original Tender (what I got) and Bosch came out with one that's around the same price as mine....other that I don't know. And we're talking BT's not chargers/tricklers....:prof:

I was mainly going on their warning notice in the directions...

Since I already bought a single BT I think I'll get a second one and do what Palmers doing and switching around.

:thumb:...did you install the pig tails?

Yes, I picked up extras for all the bikes so I just plug and forget. My 230 batterie is original from 05 and still powers up fine. I had to replace the bat on my 450 and they are not cheap. :cry:
Now that I have 5 bikes with bats I might get another tender. :thinking:

I have one I keep on my Harley all the time and only once in a while I will disconnect it and put it on my KTM but that never seems to need much of a lift. :thinking: I also have a 25 foot extension cord running the tender and like mentioned above these do not draw any amps to worry about. I have had mine for 15 years and I bought it at Interstate Battery and I believe it will charge at 1.25 amps and then go into storage mode once fully charged because it has brought life back into close to dead batteries.