RM125 Bark Busters

I want to get some bark busters for my 79 rm125. What do I need to check to verify which ones to buy? The diameter of the bars? Would that be all? Can anyone possibly recommend a set for me?

I want to get some bark busters for my 79 rm125. What do I need to check to verify which ones to buy? The diameter of the bars? Would that be all? Can anyone possibly recommend a set for me?
I think all bars have been 7/8 at the end since the begginings of MX. So all bark busters should fit. But i woulden't take my word for it

OK. Will check em out. So how do these things mount on? I'm sure I can look it up but its nice to hear it from someone that's installed em already.

If you want something cheap check ebay. bobbykylietutu got a cheap set that he digs....to Antarctica and back!

Sure Cycra's are great, but pricey at around $100. I've got a set of the RockyMountain Tusk house brand ones that were closer to $50.

A lot has to do with what you are looking for. Want to be able to save your levers and your hands from serious impacts? Get the ones with the aluminum bar in them. If you are looking for just minimal brush protection for cheap, the all plastic ones will do. I went for the more serious metal and plastic ones.

Bark busters will break moire than the bark if you go over the bars.

Ask Rack how his wrist felt after this excursion with his Cycra Pro Bends..:smirk:
Snapshot - 20.jpg

acerbis are too soft and get flat spots on the ends and then bind the levers travel. I have used both Moose and Cycra styles. I prefer the Moose. Everyone I have ever put on required some bending of the ends of the metal to get a correct angle to the inner bar mount. Use a vise and a 2lb hammer to get-r-done. The styles that come with swivel style inner mounts will match up better, but the swivel is a weak point and will fail in time from what Ive seen of other guys stuff.

When I know Im gettin ejaculated off the bike I let go so as to land on my feet most of the time, so no wrist problems for me...Riight.

acerbis are too soft and get flat spots on the ends and then bind the levers travel. I have used both Moose and Cycra styles. I prefer the Moose. Everyone I have ever put on required some bending of the ends of the metal to get a correct angle to the inner bar mount. Use a vise and a 2lb hammer to get-r-done. The styles that come with swivel style inner mounts will match up better, but the swivel is a weak point and will fail in time from what Ive seen of other guys stuff.

When I know Im gettin ejaculated off the bike I let go so as to land on my feet most of the time, so no wrist problems for me...Riight.

i must be 10 still cause i laughed my ass off reading that... talk about setting yourself up :P

I had to buy one for my dog, He barks at everything! O look, a flea just jumped off my ass, rough, rough...bark, bark. Now that he has a bark buster on he knows better than to bark and get shocked...:thumb: