Bark Busters / Knuckle Savers

Here's a picture or more of mt hand guards on my bike...They're Acerbis, all "hard" plastic but wrap around and mount into end of the bars with black guards that rise up to protect the tops of your hands...

bikepics003.jpg

The problem with those all plastic ones is that the plastic is not strong enough. I had them and they lasted about a year. All it take is one good impact and the plastic will break. I have the aluminum bar with plastic attachment kind now and they have taken a lot of impacts.

They are way better than no guards, but you will be replacing them. Well unless you never drop your bike.

The problem with those all plastic ones is that the plastic is not strong enough. I had them and they lasted about a year. All it take is one good impact and the plastic will break. I have the aluminum bar with plastic attachment kind now and they have taken a lot of impacts.

They are way better than no guards, but you will be replacing them. Well unless you never drop your bike.

Can't tell ya...seldom fall/crash.......:P.......but honestly they came on the bike. I too like the aluminum bar instead...I'd want to include the plastic too to fend off the pucker bushes when they reach out and slap me (kind of like Rack did yesterday)!!!! But that's a different story!

I am not a fan of the bar end type hand guards. I do not like the closed in feeling on the end of the bars. I currently do not have any hand guards on the scooter, but will add some before the riding season hits. Have not made up my mind yet on a set.

I am not a fan of the bar end type hand guards. I do not like the closed in feeling on the end of the bars. I currently do not have any hand guards on the scooter, but will add some before the riding season hits. Have not made up my mind yet on a set.

Dude we are in Southern California. It's always riding season. If it's hot head for the mountains. If it's cold the desert. If it's in between choose either.

I just got back from KM and my hands would be broken if it were not for my bark busters. Yes on this trip they did do a little bark busting. Getting you hand between the bars and a pine tree is not a good thing. Out in the desert they are not so mandatory. Creosote bushes may hurt but they are not going to crush your hands.

I have the cheapo Tusk Rocky Mountain house brand. They could be designed better, but so far they have not broken. Believe me I've tested them pretty well.

I always thought that however once I started riding mine I got use to it...

I'm getting ready to buy some brush guards after a little tree tried to kill me by hitting the front brake. Timing on this thread could not have been better!

I'm getting ready to buy some brush guards after a little tree tried to kill me by hitting the front brake. Timing on this thread could not have been better!

Shop around on the net before purchasing...there are various types of styles and materals...I'd go with the bark buster type in your area! Once you mount them, go back and hit that tree again and see who's boss!

Dude we are in Southern California. It's always riding season. If it's hot head for the mountains. If it's cold the desert. If it's in between choose either.

I just got back from KM and my hands would be broken if it were not for my bark busters. Yes on this trip they did do a little bark busting. Getting you hand between the bars and a pine tree is not a good thing. Out in the desert they are not so mandatory. Creosote bushes may hurt but they are not going to crush your hands.

I have the cheapo Tusk Rocky Mountain house brand. They could be designed better, but so far they have not broken.
Yeah I hear you, but I am "Red Sticker" and only have a limited ride area range. I want to hit KM, but do not have the room to steel a day or two off work to get up there, so I need to wait.

Yeah I hear you, but I am "Red Sticker" and only have a limited ride area range. I want to hit KM, but do not have the room to steel a day or two off work to get up there, so I need to wait.

wait... us red stickers can ride KM right now ?