Pro Barcia getting a 5k fine?

James

Staff member
Wow that's a lot if money. I think it was just a racing thing. Nobody's fought.
It was because of what Barcia did after the race, not during.

While Vincent was still being treated by the Asterisk medical team he went over and started cussing him out. Plus he supposedly intentionally roosted them while he rode away. During the post race interview he even said that he was stupid for doing that and apologized for it.

I'm guessing that the reason the AMA fined him is because that Vincent was still being treated by the medics when Barcia did this.

Edit: Quote from a Racer X article
The genesis of the fine came from the roosting Asterisk personel, but the fine was levied not just for that specific moment, but for Barcia's actions as a whole after the race.
http://www.racerxonline.com/2012/04/01/barcia-fined-5000-in-houston

Barcia cut to the left in front of him....his bad------but the lap rider maybe should've slowed up a bit and then they wouldnt have crossed up in the air....lap rider bad. So it's kinda 50/50 on who's fault I think.

Barcia having a pissy on a rider getting medical treatment like that. DUMB DUMB DUMB. Charge the little prick I say lol. He can afford it :)

James

Staff member
What's that saying for when you get the blue lapper flag? There's a race going on and you aren't in it?

Barcia cut to the left in front of him....his bad------but the lap rider maybe should've slowed up a bit and then they wouldnt have crossed up in the air....lap rider bad. So it's kinda 50/50 on who's fault I think.
Barcia jumped right and Vincent left, just happened to meet in the middle. :crash:

While Barcia has a right to be pissed, that was a little over the top. Heck he even admitted it was stupid on the podium. :lol:

James

Staff member
With a tear in his eye it looked like :wink:
:lol: He knew he'd F'd up, badly. If I were a sponsor I'd be a little ticked off that my rider/spokesperson acted so childish. At least wait until you're back in the pits before you go all ape sh!t.

Idk who were talking about, 5000 is an insane number for the 'crime'...
I agree, seriously I don't think I've ever been charged for cussing someone out. I mean I understand the whole "respect your fellow riders" and everything, but $5,000 for blowing off steam? They should just be happy he didn't try to knock him out lol.

NOT TO MENTION, Vincent was getting a blue flag which we should all know means to get out of the fast line because your about to be over lapped by faster riders, he shouldn't of tried to jump right back into that line, and honestly if you really think about it the whole roosting ordeal.. Justin was trying to win a race, you take off fast, you roost.
But he is wrong for saying whatever he did say to him though, without a doubt, but hey whos perfect lol.

NOT TO MENTION, Vincent was getting a blue flag which we should all know means to get out of the fast line because your about to be over lapped by faster riders, he shouldn't of tried to jump right back into that line, and honestly if you really think about it the whole roosting ordeal.. Justin was trying to win a race, you take off fast, you roost.
But he is wrong for saying whatever he did say to him though, without a doubt, but hey whos perfect lol.
Well he roasted off track- after the fact- into other people.. I mean I can see consequences, but 5k?!?! THATS JUST CRAZINESS!

James

Staff member
I agree, seriously I don't think I've ever been charged for cussing someone out. I mean I understand the whole "respect your fellow riders" and everything, but $5,000 for blowing off steam? They should just be happy he didn't try to knock him out lol.
....honestly if you really think about it the whole roosting ordeal.. Justin was trying to win a race, you take off fast, you roost.
Well he roasted off track- after the fact- into other people.. I mean I can see consequences, but 5k?!?! THATS JUST CRAZINESS!
He roosted an Asterisk medic while he was tending to a downed rider (after the race), that's uncalled for and according to the AMA that was the main reason for the fine. I think they made the right call. :thumb:

Plus from what I've heard, we didn't see much of what happened on TV as they cut it out.