Baldy Mesa Snow Edition

SRAD97750

Staff member
Defrosted the windows around 8am for a baldy run. We knew the snow would be snot in a few hours. I couldn't wait to feel the freezing air whisking past my face and straight through my gloves.
1.jpg

On the Road, snow down to 3000 ft or so, Completely melted by the afternoon.
2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Staging area was ALL ICE. I thought it was cool at the moment, but realized shortly after that the trail was going to be worse. :ride:
7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

More to Come -BIG DAN:thumb:

SRAD97750

Staff member
Beautiful scenery and crisp air makes for some of the best riding.
11.jpg

16.jpg

The traction was poor due to the ice underneath all the snow. When there was some powder, it was excellent riding. Otherwise, it was a lot of sliding and drifting. :ride: :banana:
13.jpg

18.jpg

Mike having a dandy time trying to warm up his toes.
15.jpg

My steed
17.jpg

Mike and Oakhillbiker
14.jpg

Oakhillbiker is a local and was explaining how the sasquatch would attack if given the chance.
12.jpg

10.jpg

21.jpg

You're on the mesa
19.jpg

22.jpg

Unreal
23.jpg

Had an excellent time. Not used to the snow, but it was managable.
Once the sun had been out for a few hours, the earth began to turn to SNOT at lower elevations. Muddy SNOT.

Seems as if rides like this only come once a year, and you only get those epic conditions for a few short hours... So thankful to able to ride my local mountains and enjoy some of God's Awesome Power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v_hWVthvKo
-BIG DAN:thumb:

Excellent Ride Report Dan-O..:thumb: The snow looked sweet and made the landscape pretty awesome. I will have to check out the video later when I get home. Might have to make a trek out that way sometime to check out the area.