Bad cylinder need help

What can be done to fix this? The cylinder skirt broke off and the cylinder is nikasil. Can a sleeve fix this?
60c39acf6529b3b6662c75206272304b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Few things:
It can be welded and re-plated if you have the piece.
It can be sleeved but that's not the correct way.
Get another jug off of ebay.

Lol the eBay jugs are just as bad and super expensive. Would a sleeve alone fix that? I just want it to run

SRAD97750

Staff member
Lol the eBay jugs are just as bad and super expensive. Would a sleeve alone fix that? I just want it to run

Sleeving a two-stroke that was originally plated is not cheap. Massive removal of material, pressing the sleeve perfecty, getting the ports chamfered the same as the material removed at every port, case matching, and final polishing touches. The labor and skill involved requires dollars to get a decent result.
I would find a jug on ebay, and send it to be replated if yours is not repairable.
-BIG DAN:thumb:

Give it to me lol :smirk: nah I'm in Scotland :thumb:
Give it a month of doing a daily google/ebay check for a good cylinder and if nothing comes up part it out to the UK via ebay global shipping and you will make good money :thumb:

She is gone! I'll be saving for a newer cr hopefully buy over the winter. 92 or newer so I can buy some f****** parts for it! Or a 99 or newer yz250 so I never have to worry about hunting for nos parts. But, then its not a Honda! Damn Honda for keeping me in love with their old bikes, discontinuing 2 strokes, and discontinuing parts for their bike 3 years before production even starts. Damn you Honda, but thanks I think?