Awesome slo-mo riding video

that was amazing. i really enjoyed the closing shot. you can really dissect what it is he is doing to throw that whip. I also enjoyed the pure cinematography aspect of that. Even with a low budget camera like my GoPro and an average rider i would love to go hit some trails and be able to actually stop and set up so i can film like that.

James

Staff member
I think that that would be a great training tool, being able to slow it down and actually dissect what you're doing. :ride:

James

Staff member
i wonder what a camera of that quality would set you back... prolly the cost of a bike itself.
Yeah no doubt, especially a 1000fps one. BTW have you ever used the 720p 60fps on the GoPro, is it any better/worth it?

i wonder what a camera of that quality would set you back... prolly the cost of a bike itself.

The camera this was shot with was from Phantom camera line it ranges from $50,000 to $150,000 depending on specific model and features. But you can rent them for $2750 a day.

Yeah no doubt, especially a 1000fps one. BTW have you ever used the 720p 60fps on the GoPro, is it any better/worth it?

The photo quality of the Go Pro at 720p at 60fps is out standing. But it is the recommended setting for doing slow motion. Ive seen it in slow motion before and its pretty good. Not like 1000fps but its good. Ive taken video with my Go Pro at every setting and 720 at 30fps seems to be the best quality for space saving on a smaller memory card. I only have a 4 gig at this time. I can get about an hour. 720 at 60fps I get about 45 min. 960 30fps I get 45min 1080 30fps I get a little more than 30min. Just need a bigger card now and some more curved surface mounts for my new helmet

The camera this was shot with was from Phantom camera line it ranges from $50,000 to $150,000 depending on specific model and features. But you can rent them for $2750 a day.

:jawdrop::jawdrop: Yeah but, does it come with a free bowl of soup?

(PS - as much as this post adds to the thread its real purpose is as a placeholder post so that I will find it when I get home - no vimeo at work for me). You're welcome :thumb:

its more taxing but if i wanted to do some vids with slow mo i would use it. Sure its not gonna be as great but you could do some editing with it.

all this talk reminds me of that show that was on Discovery channel called Time Warp, they had 5000 fps cameras. Now that was some slow motion chit.

[media]http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/time-warp-water-droplet.html[/media]

all this talk reminds me of that show that was on Discovery channel called Time Warp, they had 5000 fps cameras. Now that was some slow motion chit.

[media]http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/time-warp-water-droplet.html[/media]

i had every episode on my dvr at one point... i loved that show.

thats pretty sweet... i need to learn how to whip and i think i'm gonna watch that a lot more before i do it. he almost ate it on the last one though..lol