Athena cylinder

how do i tell how big the Athena cylinder is that i got ? I need a piston and i dont know if its 54mm or if its slightly bigger or smaller? can anybody help? thanks it would be much appreciated.

James

Staff member
Easiest way (IMO) is by measuring your cylinder diameter with some digital calipers. Post up the width and somebody should be able to find the right piston. :thumb:

BTW welcome to DBA. :cheers:

how do i tell how big the Athena cylinder is that i got ? I need a piston and i dont know if its 54mm or if its slightly bigger or smaller? can anybody help? thanks it would be much appreciated.

i looked at the athena big bore kits because i once wanted one and i didnt see one positive thing about them every one that got one said it was a huge dissapointment

idk they said they expected way more power because most users said they barley felt a power increase

big bores kits alone will just create more grunt down low for the most part. If you want more hp, you should mess with compression, cams(4t), porting/polishing, pipe combos:thumb:

i vote measure with a set of dial calipers... the cylinder is supposed to have .002" of clearance for the pistons thermal expansion, so whatever piston you get, say a 54mm piston will measure almost exactly at 54mm or ~2.126" so the cylinder needs to be 2.128", thats how you decide what piston to get :thumb: