Asking prices... seriously?

ok so as you all know i've been trying to get rid of my 07 for the past couple years at 3k... best offer i've had was 2.5k but i wasn't as starved for money as i am now. The thing is i've seen bikes from the 90's going for this much or more, talked to one guy the other day up in washington that just bought a 04 WR for 4.5k with nothing specail about it... if i hold off for another couple years will the price go back up? i mean if i cleaned up my 99 WR and put it on the market i could probably get almost the same price as i've been offered on my 07.

ok so as you all know i've been trying to get rid of my 07 for the past couple years at 3k... best offer i've had was 2.5k but i wasn't as starved for money as i am now. The thing is i've seen bikes from the 90's going for this much or more, talked to one guy the other day up in washington that just bought a 04 WR for 4.5k with nothing specail about it... if i hold off for another couple years will the price go back up? i mean if i cleaned up my 99 WR and put it on the market i could probably get almost the same price as i've been offered on my 07.

Washington bike prices are off the hook...:thumb:

It could be the locale. I don't know what the bike market is like in Portweville, but down here adjacent to L.A. I see bikes like yours with higher asking prices. Doesn't mean they're selling, though. I'm experiencing it first-hand too; I'm trying to sell a car priced in the lower midrange and bites are few and far between, even from stupid lowballers.

My experience has been that it is based on "supply in demand"...if it's something people realy want, they're willing to pay more! :prof:

As for holding off and "hoping" the prices go back up...only time will tell.

As for locale, pricing and still not selling...the people buying IS the market. Pricing (KBB) is based on current market activity...If no one is buying then the market takes a dump, prices go down, etc...

I have actually looked at your WR in the classifieds a couple of times. I sold my 07 WR last year thinking of trying something different. Now looking for a WR again. lol Your price is not too far off--but with that said-- it appears yours has been raced, I can find pampered 07s for the same price. That may be what your competing against. Actually just got back from Sacramento looking at one. Not quite as advertised, lol. oh well. Where is porterville?

I have actually looked at your WR in the classifieds a couple of times. I sold my 07 WR last year thinking of trying something different. Now looking for a WR again. lol Your price is not too far off--but with that said-- it appears yours has been raced, I can find pampered 07s for the same price. That may be what your competing against. Actually just got back from Sacramento looking at one. Not quite as advertised, lol. oh well. Where is porterville?

i emailed you back but i forgot to add i'm about 3 hours south of sacramento

Somewhere in the Tulee's..............:smirk:

:shocked: They went riding and didn't tell us all. :cry:
Oh yeah.............I almost forgot,......:busted:......don't make us break out the spray can! :naughty:........can we expect a (at a minimum) short or brief RR from last Friday with CDA jr, Rack and ??? :devil: